Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2006, 06:10 AM   #1
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

The promises of ridiculously high experience and having more spells than Mystra herself finally tempted me to the dark side. I started a solo sorcerer. And so far it's been pretty fun. Although the Tanar'ri I met in the planes were too powerful to consider killing more than one. And that one death trap killed me about seven times before I gave up.

On a side note, to what exactly are liches immune? I'm bound to meet them at some point, and my old strategy of giving the biggest weapon of the party to the biggest warrior of the party and having the fighter hit the lich with the weapon isn't really applicable to sorcerers.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:34 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Besides all their standard undead immunities, liches are immune to spells levels 1-5 (which includes breach).
Old 11-27-2006, 05:47 PM   #3
Andraste
Manshoon

I seem to remember the Tanar'ri getting chewed into little peices by my skeleton warriors. They were helpless when attacked by fighters with high magic reisitance.

It was in the days before I resolved not to abuse project image. AFAIR my battle plan was:

1) cast project image
2) cast wizard's eye to keep an eye on procedings
3) keep on casting animate dead until project image wore off and then send the warriors into the fray
4) go and fish the heart out of the tanar'ri mincemeat.

P.S. does anyone want some spare tanar'ri hearts?

[ 11-27-2006, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Andraste ]
Andraste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:51 AM   #4
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Andraste:
I seem to remember the Tanar'ri getting chewed into little peices by my skeleton warriors. They were helpless when attacked by fighters with high magic reisitance.

It was in the days before I resolved not to abuse project image. AFAIR my battle plan was:

1) cast project image
2) cast wizard's eye to keep an eye on procedings
3) keep on casting animate dead until project image wore off and then send the warriors into the fray
4) go and fish the heart out of the tanar'ri mincemeat.

P.S. does anyone want some spare tanar'ri hearts?
Yes, I am certain that Skeleton Warriors can tear them to pieces. But MY sorcerer was level 11 when he attacked the Legions of the Abyss. You get skeleton warriors at level 15. I had to kill mine with Phase Spiders and abuse of the Rings of the Ram.

In the core game you can do nothing with the hearts but I think some Item Upgrade items require them.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:47 PM   #5
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

And hooray for the sorcerer... and the subsequent strategy it employs
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote