Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2004, 05:18 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

This movie is PERFECT for me! I just saw it tonight, and it far exceeded my expectations.

Oh,, this really made me think more about how cool Japan is and how great is Japanese language, and how PERFECT is Anime!

The 15+ minutes of Anime in this movie were very, very, extremely good! Loving Anime, this really makes me respect Tarantino more.

I wouldn't call it a live-action Anime, as I couldn't compare Anime to movie, since Anime is obviously far superior( [img]tongue.gif[/img] "says the raving fanatic" ), but this is the closest thing to that, and I loved that.

If you like bloody Anime, WATCH THIS, even if only for the Anime scenes! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:55 PM   #2
Spirits forever

so your saying that this movies is abso-bloody-lutely for the anime lovers...i want to watch the movie but the bloody blokes in america have it rated "R" so i can't watch it but i will asap!!!
Old 02-07-2004, 08:12 AM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Spirits forever:
so your saying that this movies is abso-bloody-lutely for the anime lovers...i want to watch the movie but the bloody blokes in america have it rated "R" so i can't watch it but i will asap!!!
Well, the problem is that there's too much blood in some scenes. Like decapitation causes illogical amounts of blood to spill just like in the old Beastie Boys - Body Movin' video. But in the Lucy Liu's revenge anime scene, it was PERFECT!

Hehe, who knows, maybe Tarantino is an avid Rurouni Kenshin fan?
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 01:36 AM   #4
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Spirits forever:
Just stick on a fake beard and moustache and you'll be fine!
GokuZool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 12:34 AM   #5
Sneeki Two
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Spirits forever:
Well, the problem is that there's too much blood in some scenes. Like decapitation causes illogical amounts of blood to spill just like in the old Beastie Boys - Body Movin' video. But in the Lucy Liu's revenge anime scene, it was PERFECT!

Hehe, who knows, maybe Tarantino is an avid Rurouni Kenshin fan?
</font>[/QUOTE]It's just paying homage to the old Kung Fu flicks of the seventies. Colossal blood sprays and multi-body severings and all, hehe. Im also a anime fan and loved the scene in the movie. The next one should interesting to watch.

Just my 2.
Sneeki Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:57 AM   #6
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Pretty cool movie. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] The anime section was a nice touch.
GokuZool is offline   Reply With Quote