Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2002, 06:16 PM   #141
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by AliCat:
Just so someone else is posting here... I must say, Dark, petty, petty, petty. Go get your jollies in the bathroom, please.
Thanks AliCat. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 04-27-2002, 06:20 PM   #142
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Pas de probleme, Yorick! Take care!
Old 04-27-2002, 06:22 PM   #143
The Dark

Well I sit here upon reflection and know that the things I have heard/been told are the opinions/thoughts of others. Subsequently I have no right to attack you Hugh, understand that I love Mike to bits and therefore my overriding thoughts will always be with him.

In hindsight, and as a man I see that I spoke without good counsel.....

I offer you my unreserved apologies Hugh, I am a man and I am frail. I make no defense save that I am loyal to loyal people....my friends.
I spoke out of turn... I accept that. I am sorry and ashamed, please accept my apology.
I also offer my apologies to those others that joined this thread looking for lively debate....

I apologise.

Old 04-27-2002, 06:23 PM   #144
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by AliCat:
Pas de probleme, Yorick! Take care!
Will do. You too.

Old 04-27-2002, 06:23 PM   #145
Sigmar
Unicorn

Who the hell is this person, and what the hell is your problem with Yorick. You're probably a member who got banned in the eary stages of Ironworks aren't you? When Stealthy was still around, very impressive coming back here...wait sorry that was very sad of you. Don't you have anyting eslse better to do with your time?

Well after seeing your post right now, perhaps I was wrong, I apologise. But still I find your motives a bit suspicious.

[ 04-27-2002, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 04-27-2002, 06:27 PM   #146
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dark:
Well I sit here upon reflection and know that the things I have heard/been told are the opinions/thoughts of others. Subsequently I have no right to attack you Hugh, understand that I love Mike to bits and therefore my overriding thoughts will always be with him.

In hindsight, and as a man I see that I spoke without good counsel.....

I offer you my unreserved apologies Hugh, I am a man and I am frail. I make no defense save that I am loyal to loyal people....my friends.
I spoke out of turn... I accept that. I am sorry and ashamed, please accept my apology.
I also offer my apologies to those others that joined this thread looking for lively debate....

I apologise.
Accepted. Take it easy.

Old 04-27-2002, 06:27 PM   #147
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Yes... do answer... when someone treats an Ironworks member like that, EVEN IF they apologize... we have a right to know who you are.

I am also suspicious....

[ 04-27-2002, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Sir Mandorallen ]
Old 04-27-2002, 06:40 PM   #148
Sir Michael
Manshoon

From Yorick,
Quote:
Michael for Pete's sake. Being aware of the positives is not being numb or blind to the negatives. Happiness is a choice not blindness.

No I'm not upset. I'm writing. I write strongly. I express as clearly as possible. I object to things Dramnek in particular writes because they are qwuite offensive, not necessarily just to me, but to many dear friends.

As far as teaching goes, I've been teaching tertiary level off and on for the last seven years. I can say the exact same thing to you about having life experience you will never have. Where would that get us. The point is you're out of line calling into question my dedication to what I do. I don't have to answer to you. That's all I'm saying.

So how old are you anyway?
I've never found anything about Dramnek's posts that were offensive, and even if there were, how high and mighty of you to get offended on others' behalf. Remember that we all upset ourselves, Yorick. You choose to upset yourself and get offended at what he writes. Neither the posts themselves nor his words are inherently offensive. Like you said, happiness is a choice, but then so is anger, or any other emotion.

It's not your writing that's a problem, Yorick...it's your reading skills. You often see what you want to, rather than the whole picture of what someone posted.

I never called into question any part of your life, Yorick (see what I mean about insecurity and reading into things?) Like I said, I was just curious and trying to make a point which got lost somewhere...

BTW, I am 35. You have me at a disadvantage, though. You know my age and what I do, and yet I know nothing about you other than that you are an Australian transplanted to NY, and that you are deeply religious. You don't have to share if you don't want to, but I would think with your skills at rhetoric (i.e. twisting words), you would make a good politician, lawyer, or religious leader.

[ 04-27-2002, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Sir Michael ]
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Old 04-27-2002, 06:46 PM   #149
The Dark

Who exactly are you then Sir Mandorallen.......I see you've made over 200 posts....whoopee doo, you must have been here forever. Leave the men to be men, butt out and play with your toys, don't tell mre what rights you think you have, you're still in nappies as far as I'm concerned.

Let the grown ups deal with it....no offence [img]smile.gif[/img]

Let's get the thread back ot.

Old 04-27-2002, 06:49 PM   #150
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Michael:
From Yorick,
quote:
Michael for Pete's sake. Being aware of the positives is not being numb or blind to the negatives. Happiness is a choice not blindness.

No I'm not upset. I'm writing. I write strongly. I express as clearly as possible. I object to things Dramnek in particular writes because they are qwuite offensive, not necessarily just to me, but to many dear friends.

As far as teaching goes, I've been teaching tertiary level off and on for the last seven years. I can say the exact same thing to you about having life experience you will never have. Where would that get us. The point is you're out of line calling into question my dedication to what I do. I don't have to answer to you. That's all I'm saying.

So how old are you anyway?
I've never found anything about Dramnek's posts that were offensive, and even if there were, how high and mighty of you to get offended on others' behalf. Remember that we all upset ourselves, Yorick. You choose to upset yourself and get offended at what he writes. Neither the posts themselves nor his words are inherently offensive. Like you said, happiness is a choice, but then so is anger, or any other emotion.

It's not your writing that's a problem, Yorick...it's your reading skills. You often see what you want to, rather than the whole picture of what someone posted.

I never called into question any part of your life, Yorick (see what I mean about insecurity and reading into things?) Like I said, I was just curious and trying to make a point which got lost somewhere...

BTW, I am 35. You have me at a disadvantage, though. You know my age and what I do, and yet I know nothing about you other than that you are an Australian transplanted to NY, and that you are deeply religious. You don't have to share if you don't want to, but I would think with your skills at rhetoric (i.e. twisting words), you would make a good politician, lawyer, or religious leader.
[/QUOTE]Hmmm, well however much I am not a christian, I have to say that actually Dramnek has, for example when he said that being a christian was synonimous with having a closed mind, and I'm sure that could be construed as offensive by anyone.
I think you would probably take some offense if someone told you that all your beliefs do nothing but close your mind and give you a myopic view of the world.