Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2001, 09:54 AM   #11
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well Memnoch, that is the good about work and all, you win some you lose some...

Me I work as a student, and I don't get paid, only allowances, and I study like 100+hours a week (not really) and I get to meet all of my guy friends and some all of my teachers are great! It may suck when deadlines hang me like hell but I love it, I am in my last year in the agreement
Old 11-05-2001, 02:18 PM   #12
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Hi Dutkanator! You've been busy - lots of your threads on the top page!

I don't like my job much - I find it boring. The good thing I can think of is that working for a large government department I can move areas every 2 years if I want to - so the boredom is broken up with learning something new every once in a while.
Other than that, the pay is bad, promotion opportunities are dreadful, the work is boring and no-one ever says thank you.

Ever thought of getting a different job? Just a thought...
Old 11-05-2001, 03:19 PM   #13
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I like being able to work outdoors.
Umm, Quit! Not always practical or feasable. And the older we get, the less feasable that can often be.
Old 11-05-2001, 03:39 PM   #14
Tom
Elminster

Well, if you consider school a job, I hate it in every possible way. Even though there is not one thing I like about it, I still cant quit, even though I would love to.
Old 11-05-2001, 05:24 PM   #15
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

quote:
Originally posted by The.Relic:
I like being able to work outdoors.
Umm, Quit! Not always practical or feasable. And the older we get, the less feasable that can often be.

I hate my job, but change it? Like Relic says-not feasable. I also work outside, I think Relic and I are the only two who work construction on this board. Although Sir Tallieson is in the field too and he for sure gets muddy lol. As you get older you learn more, but its only in your type of work. Starting a new type of job wouldnt pay the bills too well........
Old 11-05-2001, 05:34 PM   #16
Jorath Calar
Harper

I can't find one cool thing about my job and I'm trying to quit, as soon as I find a new one.
Old 11-05-2001, 05:38 PM   #17
skywalker
Banned User

Well, I worked as a carpenter for about 8 years before I got tired of being rained (and snowed on)!

I took a new job when I was 38 that paid just $7.00 an hour. Talk about poverty! I hope the story has a happy ending as I currently have no job. But I guess something will happen. I've had 20+ different jobs since I was 16. I guess I'm never satisfied with what I'm doing sometimes! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2001, 06:01 PM   #18
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Skywalker, you did framing? Good, two guys on my crew quit today due to problems with another guy on the crew. When can you start? Also OnthePequod framed , so he is also hired. Thanks for applying and cant wait to yell at you on the job. Errr I mean greet you to the job. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2001, 06:38 PM   #19
skywalker
Banned User

quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Skywalker, you did framing? Good, two guys on my crew quit today due to problems with another guy on the crew. When can you start? Also OnthePequod framed , so he is also hired. Thanks for applying and cant wait to yell at you on the job. Errr I mean greet you to the job. [img]smile.gif[/img]

LOA! I've done framing, exterior and interior finish work, roofing, deck-building, siding (wood and vinyl), sheetrocking, hung windows and doors, installed wood flooring, and built garages. Too bad I live so far away and am not apt to move. I could use a good job about now! What's it pay to start and are the benefits any good?
Old 11-05-2001, 07:06 PM   #20
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

My job...boring... that pretty much sums it up.
Been there since 1989, small Patent and Trademark Law Office. Boss now is in his 80's. Co-worker is same age. (btw, our office has been functioning since the 50's). Other attorney is late 40's, but very strict and professional acting and well..... boring! The whole atmosphere is boring.... No chit chats between office workers, no sounds of bussling employees, dead silence all day, every day. I think I've been slowly going insane over the years, and almost there now.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The "inventions" our clients have are also boring. Farm equipment, water filters, machinery, coffee mugs, bah. The most exciting invention I've ever come across at work was a "Mississippi Turkey Caller"!

We have about 1,000 cases, and now I find myself doing most everything in the office now, cause older co-working is, well, getting old! Refuses to retire. She called in late last week one day, finally got into work round 10:15am. Apparently she had trouble leaving her parking space at home. Forgot that you have to put your foot on the brake before putting the car in reverse. Doh!

So I have too much responsibility at work, not nearly getting enough pay compared to what I would get if I quit and went to work in a large law office in D.C., and again, am bored to tears. No forget that, I'm to bored to even cry [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps