Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2002, 04:20 AM   #1
apollo1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello All,
I just started playing BG2 and I have a very simple but important question...how do I use certain items that I have found. For example, the power cell to those funny giant looking test tube things, the four items(staff, blood, hand and ring) with the pipes and how about the dog stew with the dog bones? I am able to collect these things but up till now I dont know how to use them...together or seperately. Right now my group is saved in front of the four pipes with the four items and every time I click on anything I get a little zap from the pipes. I dont know how to place the items where they belong...I think I know the order...1ring 2blood 3hand and 4staff...just dont know how to place them...any help would be most appreciated...thanks ahead of time
apollo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 05:14 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well all 3 items u said are in COMPLETELY different needs... though none of them are REALLY necesary... the hand, blood etc are probably the most important... neway heres what u do with them [img]smile.gif[/img]

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Power Cells: USed to revive certain subjects in some of the test tubes in Irenicus' dungeon, when alive they think u r him and tell u information.

Lilacor Items: Theses Items when placed in the right order give u a +3 talking 2-handed sword the order is in pipe numbers ( U dont have to choose which item to put in which pipe) 2431 IIRC It might b diferent but u dont get much damage and I just made up the combination [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] But its worth the few times u might get it wrong

Dog Bones: I think they can all be made into a stew for the Umber Hulks at the bottom of the De'Arnise keep.... I have never bothered doing it personally.

There ya go
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 08:47 PM   #3
Kezardin
Elminster

apollo1,

spoilers
I believe the order to click the pipes is 3 1 2 4.

As Glorfindel says, the dog stew is used to lure the umber hulks into the cell. Placing the stew in the appropriate place nets you 18,500 XP which is not bad for a little work over a hot stove

Note that you get the XP even if you kill the hulks first and *then* place the stew.

Kez
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote