Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2006, 11:12 PM   #1
Sir Anthony Proudheart
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there any way to take out the boss at the Troll Bark pyramid and the Master Mummy on Haunted Isle? I have a 23rd level paladin with +8 sword of Torm and I can barely scratch these guys. While I toss healing potions down my gullet like chubby Augustus and the chocoloate river in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, they whack off huge sizzling chunks of my flesh. If someone would like to offer a hint, it would be greatly appreciated. I have beaten all of the other henchmen in those areas, just can't seem to find the right combo (I usually play solo) to take down the big guys. Greater Stoneskin seems not to work at all. What AC do they possess and how do I add that many bonuses to overcome it? I already tried the storm giant belt and potion of Bull strength combo to no avail.

If they are this tough, I can just imagine the pain I will be in when I get down to level 12 or 13 where the dragon is that Robert the Bard mentions.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:37 PM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

There are some monsters that are extremly difficult to take down solo. They are two of them. A third would be old Greeny on Level 8.

Comming back once you have gained a few levels and have your smite evil up a few more levels should help to take some large amounts of HP off them.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:34 AM   #3
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

The Trollbark Pyramid takes time and, as T-D-C says, heavy hitting. The boss there keeps using healing potions just when you think you have him.

For the Haunted Isle I would recommend the Staff of the Magister (or better still, two of them), available for a reasonable price at Durnan's Inn.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:57 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Some of the monsters and areas are Elite quests (meaning the monsters are VERY hard, and usually require a party or a very high level to solo them.

I'll be filling out the Official EFU website with hints and tips soon after the new Hakpak is released. SO much to do, and I love it [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, Welcome! Glad to have ya aboard!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:26 AM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ah, I see you already found it. Elite indeed, more like, pain in your butt. But that's part of the fun, I'd say...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #6
Sir Anthony Proudheart
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the info! I have been playing D&D for 20 yrs. now and just recently converted our RPG group to Monte Cook's 3rd edition rules. The feats and skills are hard to get used to after doing it for so long the other way with secondary skills and set class abilities. I thought maybe I was missing something simple with the new switch in gaming systems. I read Escape from Undermountain years ago when I owned over 400 novels from Forgotten Realms,Dark Sun Spelljammer, DragonLance, Ravenloft,Greyhawk etc. Since my birthday is in 4 days I believe I will request it again so that Halaster's Halls can live again in my mind as well as my computer screen. You guys have inspired me to resdiscover the FR world due to your srellar work! I hope your first week of the new year has been fabulous and will continue to be so.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:03 PM   #7
Strife
Elite Waterdeep Guard

First off this is an excellent server. [img]smile.gif[/img]

At 23rd level, your paladin isn't ready to take on those guys yet. LOL wait till you see those Lizard Men monks.

Smite evil is useless against some of these guys. One tip is, these guys can't damage you if you knock'em on their arse. Improved Knockdown with a high strength, no one can resist it.

Try them again when your in the 30th and up range.

Good Luck!

[ 01-08-2006, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: Strife ]
Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:07 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Anthony Proudheart:
Thanks for the info! I have been playing D&D for 20 yrs. now and just recently converted our RPG group to Monte Cook's 3rd edition rules. The feats and skills are hard to get used to after doing it for so long the other way with secondary skills and set class abilities. I thought maybe I was missing something simple with the new switch in gaming systems. I read Escape from Undermountain years ago when I owned over 400 novels from Forgotten Realms,Dark Sun Spelljammer, DragonLance, Ravenloft,Greyhawk etc. Since my birthday is in 4 days I believe I will request it again so that Halaster's Halls can live again in my mind as well as my computer screen. You guys have inspired me to resdiscover the FR world due to your srellar work! I hope your first week of the new year has been fabulous and will continue to be so.
Oh yeah, That novel is what began this all. [img]smile.gif[/img] That is my favorite FR Novel of most of them. (and I own 99% of them now) I am reading the Twilight Trilogy now, and its about the Giants. (Good background info on giants too, and will use in the mod [img]smile.gif[/img] )

I have added loads of references from many FR novels in EfU. See if you can find them [img]smile.gif[/img] Little things, like books and such too.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:19 AM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I spent an hour one day reading one set of books before I could go just kill stuff. That was enjoyable.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #10
Sir Anthony Proudheart
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I still can't beat the super lich in Muriel's Gauntlet. I have gotten to 34th level, 63 AC, Weapon Specialization, Epic Blade, ultra Strength enhancements of belt and gloves. I can now stay alive for awhile as he doesn't hit me all the time, but he still chops off 40-60 hit points when he penetrates my kevlar, teflon, industrial steel codpiece. I use my Holy avenger Blade of Torm with +13 vs. evil creatures or the Sahuaguin Trident of Speed +8. I tried following one player's advice by using an amulet that casts greater sanctuary, but then the lich kicked my butt after my initial attack failed or hit. I tried to switch back and forth between the amulet of natural armor+8 and the other amulet, but a bug showed a ghost image in the spot instead of it being in use. Has anybody beaten that guy???? I finally did beat the mummy on Haunted Isle through the use of greater sanctuary to make him flat-footed. It hasn't worked for Mr. Lich.