Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2001, 07:38 PM   #1
Turin_Mormegil

Following thread may contain spoilers... ppl who dont wanna know the end dont look ahead

How do u beat the bastard

Here is a rundown of my party...

Me-Ged-level 15 mage
Imoen - level 13 mage/theif
Misnc and Boo - level 15 fighter and level 200 space hamster
Korgan - level 14-15 berserker
Jahiera- level 15 druid
Aerie- level 12 cleric level 14 mage

Korgan has frostweaver and stonefire aswell as dragonplate armour making him like ac -7 and with grandmastery in axes he kickes alotta ass

Minsc has blade of roses and flail of age, jahiera has spear +3

I ran into the wrath of Sarevok and b4 i knew it minsc and korgan were running like wussies and i had to dispatch Sarevok with spells depleting them alot

Now we are all healed up but have very few spells. (breach x3, 2 fireballs, a cone of cold, wyvren call and alotta defensvise stuff. Alas no elementals or protection from magic weapons or protection from energy.)

Just for the record i had a hard time dipatching 1 balor in underdark much less 2 balors and 2 other demons...guzzanaers i think...loosley ofcourse

The only way i defeted the balors and pit feinds is by turning into a slayer. Right now i got max rep so i can spare it once...if i dont absoulutley need to i wouldnt wanna turn into a slayer since its kinda against roleplaying rules to deem someone evil cuz they use the soul of the lord of murder only to use that very same soul to turn into a slayer 5 secs later.

pls help

also for my next char i was thinking of a monk with Gaunts of Crushing +4 thaco +4 dmg when using fists...ooo Or an archer..what do u think?

Old 01-29-2001, 08:35 PM   #2
Magness
Quintesson

Actually, the final battle rather easy.

Your party seems to be rather low level. Did you skip most of the side quests?

At least one of your mage's should be able to cast 8th level spells. The 2 best are the Horibble Wilting spell and Simulacrum.

Also have as many breech and pierce magic spells as possible and always have at least 2 of your mages firing breeching spells at Jon I.

Initially, have your toughest tank keep jon busy . Assign your other 2 tanks to the demons. When your mages aren't breeching Jon's defenses, cast spells at the demons.

Also, remember this IS the final battle. Don't hold back on any potions. You have all the time you need to drink potions and cast preparatory magics. By the time that you start the battle, you should be as absolutely tough as possible.

Also, summon the 5 toughest monsters possible to assist in the fight against Jon's demon allies. Since you've fought this battle at least once, you know where the starting positions are. Position the summoned allies close to where the demons start so that your monsters don't waste time running to battle.

This truly is not that tough a battle. The battle should go like this...

1. Keep Jon busy, constantly breeching his defenses and having 1 tough tank keeping him busy.

2. Throw all summoned allies and remaining tanks at summoned demons.

3. Once demons are destroyed, throw EVERYTHING at Jon. Breech, BREECH, BREECH!!!

4. Jon dies. You get your soul back.
Old 01-29-2001, 08:43 PM   #3
Malla Gabriel

Don't know if this will work at your level, but put up conatinces spells and sequncers, with one conaining kelbans warding whip,this will remove most of his defences, the other slots should be fill with your most powerful spells, these will go off during the converstion. afterward lanch any sequnces, also contain powerful spells and use the rest of your men attack him, once he dies the game should end and you don't have to deal with the deamons.

Old 01-29-2001, 09:08 PM   #4
Turin_Mormegil

Good plan but there are a few problems.

#1 i cant sleep in hell seriosly though i cant sleep so im stuck with the crap spells i do have

#2 i can only summon 1 creature

and finally with 3 fighters to distribute between 4 creatures + joni im stuck i was thinking 3 mages with iron or stone skin to take hits while the balors and pit feinds pound them so my fighters can dispatch 1 each then they can go for the last one and jon

Old 01-29-2001, 09:14 PM   #5
Malla Gabriel

What!, if you can't sleep you got a problem try one of the other chambers(down the stairs) because you should be able to sleep.

Old 01-29-2001, 09:26 PM   #6
satan

heres a cool tactic.
set up as many traps as possible,
after the guy shows up they will all fire at him,
now as soon as he turns into the slayer, fire
two times the ring of ram (you can get two)
and once the ring of energy
and hes dead

Old 01-29-2001, 10:09 PM   #7
Turin_Mormegil

I cant rest....if i try to rest in 1 of the chambers then it says "You cannot rest hear either find an inn or rest outside" but if i try to rest in the main hall it just says you cannont rest. If i could rest there would be no problem. As Satan said (that sounds wrong....im not hearing satan in my head i tell ya! Burn em all!!!) Anyway as satan said i could setup alotta traps to kill anything that comes my way....btw monk or archer ?

Old 01-30-2001, 12:09 AM   #8
darkmagejf

i havent been able to sleep in hell either, i thought this was just to make it tougher. What you can do is reload the final-save and only try attacking bhaal w/ weapons(so u dont lose spells, he should be the only one you need to kill the rest of the demons/dragon you shouldnt have to fight.), then use potions to increase to max hp, then your full when u fight Irenicus.