Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2001, 05:47 PM   #1
Prince Aumar
Welcomed New User

Hello Wizards, Clerics and all servants of magic...

I would like to dedicate this topic to the discussion of strategies, neat tricks or just something cool that you have experienced with magic in Baldurs Gate or Icewind Dale.

I will start...

Me and three other friends started a multiplayer game of Icewind Dale.
we were still in the beginning of the game, Kuldahar to be more precise. We formed our ranks by the water fountain in Kuldahar, and prepared to face the two Yeti's before entering The Vale of Shadows. We had already taken out the first Yeti, but my friends Mage got stuck between my Paladin and the remaining Yeti. He was almost dead and you could see the Yeti raising its arms to slay him, but my other friend who had a Cleric, suddenly, by pure instinct hit the "a" button, wich was the hot-key for the magic missile spell, and fired it at the Yeti. A split second, a flash of light and when the dust fell to the ground, only the shattered remainings of the Yeti was left...

Little incidents like this, or a big fight with another mage, is the things that makes these games so good...

I Hope you will post all your stories and strategies...

------------------
A humble servant of Mystra and Magic... Elminster is my name!
Prince Aumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 08:29 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I like those memorable battles myself, fight on Prince Aumar!
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 10:47 PM   #3
Salazair
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sometimes the coolest effects are those totally unplanned and that end up with great results. I accidently discovered an incredibly valuable defense/attack strategy. (spoiler) I was playing IWD in the deeper dorns deep area against a lich where I was seriously getting my rear kicked. My 7th level halfling theif (chaotic neutral) was getting his arse kicked and had only 2HP left before he was ashes. The lich became obsessed with making my thief's breath his last so the creep continued to try to get at my rogue and pummel him with dagger claws. Well I used my fighter, ranger, paladin and cleric like the front line of the Greenbay Packers and blocked the lich's advance toward my poor little thief. I guess I profited off the lacking IWD AI in this case because as the lich took lick after lick from my front line, the undead still was exclusively trying to kill my thief. A valuable lesson was learned...and man it made me feel great---as I could finally shut down the CPU for the night and get some sleep. (I'm lucky that day light savings was on my side--for once.) Great topic.
Salazair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 02:04 PM   #4
Prince Aumar
Welcomed New User

Thanks... I just thought it would be nice to have somewhere we could chat about those little battles or incidents that can occure in games like these.

I hope you will tell me more of your adventures...

------------------
A humble servant of Mystra and Magic... Elminster is my name!
Prince Aumar is offline   Reply With Quote