Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2003, 06:19 PM   #1
new to BG II
The Magister

SPOILER ~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
im in chap 3 right now and i have entered the sea baron with Jaheira who has been cursed etc etc...im now in the process of trying to get the curse lifted -i ried to meet Bernard and he said that jaheiras friend had died in the same way east of the slums -which i keep checking east and i havent found.
also, J said that the mages looked like they frequented the poorer sections..(slums ) area and i havent found them either...
Any tips would be useful.
(i know i have a third option too but i was wondering about these 2).
new to BG II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 07:00 PM   #2
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Spoiler
The house where the Baron is a house in the slums, I believe it is the "Derelict house", but I am not sure, it is on the northeast row of houses. When you enter it, you'll have a conversation with the Baron, then he will call 3 mages and you have to fight them all and kill them, and then Jaheira feels better and the curse will go away completely if you just rest.
Old 06-26-2003, 07:00 PM   #3
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Speak to Jahiera's friend in the Copper Coronet.

That clue should point you in the right direction.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:30 PM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

A little hint:

If you remember your conversation with her, there were three options on where to start your search. One was to find Ployer, another to track down the friend (you did that already), and the third was to find the wizards behind this (by going to the government district to ask about them). You did the second thing (and found out he died), so before you rush off to do the first, you might want to do the third thing. Of course, you could just rush off to do the first thing (and end the quest), but the third thing gives you, without spoiling, options...
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 09:26 PM   #5
new to BG II
The Magister

thanku all for your help.....
Old 06-27-2003, 04:32 PM   #6
new to BG II
The Magister

Arrow

okay i nailed ployer and even after a full day of sleep-Jaheira is still cursed?
Can anyone help me?
Old 06-27-2003, 04:36 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

It should be OK...hmm. Try to sleep again.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 06:39 PM   #8
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

The best place to remove the curse is in a "Royal" class bedroom in an inn...goes away immidiately. In the wild I'm not sure, but I know it takes more than one rest. Also, make sure you have actually lifted the curse. You hae to pick up a certain something from Ployer's body...
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 11:09 PM   #9
new to BG II
The Magister

sPOILER
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

i did come across jaheira's hair but i kinda left it on ployers body..should i have taken it?
Old 06-27-2003, 11:31 PM   #10
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Yeah...IIRC, that's all you need to do, except for maybe cast a remove curse spell. If it has disappeared, you could be in quite a pickle.