Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2002, 03:35 PM   #31
Ace of Spades
The Magister

My kid's favorite gift last year --> The big box our new refrigerator came in. He played with it for weeks, until it finally collapsed.
Old 11-21-2002, 03:38 PM   #32
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
After working in retail for five years I've learnt to hate the christmas holidays with a vengeance; not what they stand for just what they do to people

I don't ask for much but I'm asking all you... Please be respectful to retailers/shop assistants etc... it's their busiest time of year and patience wears thin [img]smile.gif[/img]
I used to work in a supermarket as a cashier (I don't know if this is the right word... the one you pay to for all the stuff [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). So I understand what you mean. Some people are so rude! They act as if you're their slave or something. Especially around holidays... Ever since I've worked there I try to be extra nice to everyone working in the stores. [img]smile.gif[/img]
------
I also don't like Christmas that much... I always get depressed around it; I don't know why I do. But I do like that I get to spend some time with my family (though probably not this year since they're in a different country), and of course I like giving and getting presents. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 11-21-2002, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Spelca ]
Old 11-21-2002, 03:45 PM   #33
Lord Shield

what gets me is some of the customers in the store make racist remarks and get away with it because the cashier is not allowed to make complaints against customers

disgusting!

although i was once nearby in another store when someone was being hard on a cashier. not being a staff member, they got put in their place alright . Specially when I threatened to get the police on them

being non-staff is handy sometimes

Old 11-21-2002, 03:45 PM   #34
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Spades:
My kid's favorite gift last year --> The big box our new refrigerator came in. He played with it for weeks, until it finally collapsed.
I can relate to that. How old is your kid?
Old 11-21-2002, 04:23 PM   #35
Ace of Spades
The Magister

He just turned 3 in August. How about yours?
Old 11-21-2002, 04:29 PM   #36
LordKathen

Check out my webpage in my sig...
Old 11-21-2002, 04:38 PM   #37
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

I have been meaning to start a thread like this, only for fall though..

But yes, christmas is fun. I am a christan so of course the birth of Jesus comes first. But it is a great time. Cold weather, I love cold weather (even though I live in what is practitcly a desert), family is here, and of course the presents

Yep fun time.

But all that is almost brought down by all the negitives, the over commercialization, and its hectic if you live in the big city (I dont, I live way out in the country 5 miles from anything..).
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 11-21-2002, 04:39 PM   #38
Ace of Spades
The Magister

Yah, I realized the answer was right in front of my eyes as I was pressing "submit". Nice bunch you've got there. My son, Mike, had me cut windows, doors, even a sun-roof into his "playhouse". We added a doormat, mailbox, the works. After it collapsed, a couple months later, we decided to get him a tent for his B-Day. He loves that, too, but not as much as the box!
Old 11-21-2002, 04:52 PM   #39
LordKathen

Cool. We got my oldest bot a tent for his b-day that sliped over his bed. That was cool! He loved it, untill his younger brother,2 at the time, tore it down. He was bumed out.
Old 11-21-2002, 10:09 PM   #40
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I guess Christmas is good in SOME way, cause the world seems to be peaceful during those days. But i wonder how many attention it would have if there weren't any commercial interrests involved. The way i see it it's all based upon lies anyway. But that's just me, i reject anything with religeous backgrounds, can't help it.