Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2004, 08:47 AM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

One year after the invasion of Iraq as part of the War on Terror - do you feel less safe or more safe than you did 12 months ago?

Is the War on Terror being waged successfully?
Is the end of the War on Terror is sight?
Can the War on Terror ever be successful?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:21 AM   #2
Skippy1
Elminster

No
No
& No
Old 03-16-2004, 10:03 AM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I prefer the History Channel's special on Iraq one year on to this thread. Sorry, Donut, but your post failed to win my interest over an expensive and thorough TV documentary. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2004, 10:32 AM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

Sunglass Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
One year after the invasion of Iraq as part of the War on Terror - do you feel less safe or more safe than you did 12 months ago?

Is the War on Terror being waged successfully? No. But I'm sure things will improve.
Is the end of the War on Terror is sight? No. And it never will be, but that does not mean you should not start or continue, like the fight between good and evil the worst enemy is despair and divisiveness (sp)
Can the War on Terror ever be successful? No. but working in unity with all countries to fight the cause as well as the symptoms will get us damned close
Imagine there’s no heaven, it’s easy if you try

No hell below us, above us only sky

Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there’s no countries, it isn’t hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for, no religions too

Imagine all the people living life in peace
You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one

I hope someday you’ll join us and the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can

No need for greed or hunger, a brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people, cheering all the world

You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.

I hope someday you’ll join us and the world will live as one.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:44 AM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

If all of humanity could have your great aspirations, Wellard -- and NOT screw up by marrying Yoko Ono -- life would be grand. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2004, 10:50 AM   #6
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I prefer the History Channel's special on Iraq one year on to this thread. Sorry, Donut, but your post failed to win my interest over an expensive and thorough TV documentary. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
That's okay Timber - it's okay to let TV do your thinking for you. Unfortunately, not having an opinion on such an important question isn't an option for me.

[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 03-16-2004, 10:51 AM   #7
Donut
Jack Burton

Do you feel less or more safe wellard?
Old 03-16-2004, 11:02 AM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Of course I have an opinion, Donut. Sheesh, try to add a little levity...

The war on terror could be waged better. Some things have been great successes -- busting up Al Queda for instance. Other things have not been so successful -- you know, military actions in Mesopatamia for instance.

But, I'll tell you this, I was pondering who I'd vote for if the vote was today and decided it would be Bush. I would feel much less safe with Kerry in the office. Bush has begun a task, and I'm willing to give him a full 8 years to get as much accomplished as possible -- or fall on his face trying. So, for me at the moment, Kerry has an uphill battle and it's largely due to the fact I feel safer with Bush in the office.

Now, that's safety at home. I would feel less safe travelling abroad these days, due to anti-American sentiment -- and that is due to Bush in large part as well (though we've been relatively hated for several decades).
Old 03-16-2004, 11:23 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Of course I have an opinion, Donut. Sheesh, try to add a little levity...

The war on terror could be waged better. Some things have been great successes -- busting up Al Queda for instance. Other things have not been so successful -- you know, military actions in Mesopatamia for instance.

Awww! Timber - I put a smiley in my post. Until I get used to the idea of you being "funny" can you include relevant smileys to help me? (note smiley!)

Al Queda have been disrupted but if they were responsible for the Madrid blasts they haven't been "busted up" as yet.

What I'm asking in my round about way is: Has the war against Iraq made you feel less or more safe? (I understand that you feel safer under Bush than Kerry but that's not quite the same thing.)
Old 03-16-2004, 11:31 AM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

As I said,
Quote:
Other things have not been so successful -- you know, military actions in Mesopatamia for instance.
Iraq has made me feel no more safe, or very marginally more safe, if at all. Certainly not a deal of safeness increase to justify the loss of American lives. However, if freedom is established in Iraq -- and even our senior military folk admit that it never "look like" our freedom/government in the US -- then I will feel a great deal more safe. Freedom tends to be contagious, and several countries in the area a teetering on the brink of democracy -- and a free Iraq could tip the balance in the region over the coming decades.

But, you asked about the war on terror.

And, I DID in fact include relevant smileys, the one that looks like Wellard, in fact ----> [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

[ 03-16-2004, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]