Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 09:42 AM   #1
HammerHead
Zhentarim Guard

I don't know how to describe my disgust for this woman!!!

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwe...irl/index.html

C

-----------

THORNTOWN, Indiana (CNN) -- Authorities say the woman who called the parents of a 6-year-old girl missing since 1986 was "the perpetrator of a cruel hoax."

The woman who claimed to be the now-grown girl has been identified as Donna L. Walker, 35, according to Indiana State Police 1st Sgt. Dave Bursten.

He said an arrest warrant has been issued charging Walker with felony identity deception and misdemeanor false reporting.

"We are seeking help from the public across the land to look for this woman," said Bursten, noting that her last known address was Topeka, Kansas.

"This has been a very cruel hoax for the family," Bursten told reporters, adding it has been "emotional, physically, mentally exhausted the immediate and extended family of Shannon Sherrill."

The girl's father, Mike Sherrill, said he took the news of the alleged hoax "real hard," breaking down in sobs while talking to reporters.

"I wasn't expecting this at all. When they called me with the information that we were going to have a news conference, I thought they were going to bring Shannon in here. I thought this was something," he said before covering his face and breaking into tears.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:48 AM   #2
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

I saw the news conference and that poor father breaking down. Breaking into tears doesn't even cover his reaction. I wanted to reach through the TV and wrap my arms around him, you could just feel his heart break. The police need to be reprimanded for not telling the family the news before the press conference, instead those poor people found out during the conference when the press found out. Though I'm sure not intended, those police only helped add to those parents' pain.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:58 AM   #3
wellard
Dracolisk

I have not seen the video, or in fact read about the story before reading this, but it has left me very sad. The evil woman deserves a long goal sentance but the police deserve a real good smackdown and the orginiser of the press confrance should loose his job My thoughts to the family

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 08-01-2003, 01:32 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I read about it the other day. Sick,sick, sick! Seems the woman is used to messing with others and they don't expect she'll be formally charged in Kansas but apparently another state has a warrant out for her. I didn't catch what it was for.

I just noted a pre-existing thread on this topic. Please go to this thread to discuss the topic.

[ 08-01-2003, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]