Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2003, 10:51 AM   #1
MagiK

From the BBC news online.

Dogs 'executed' for jailbreak

Officials at a prison in northern Serbia have killed two guard dogs for not barking when five inmates escaped, reports say.
Local media reported that the dogs had been "found guilty" of not alerting the guards to the get-away as they had been trained to do.

The dogs did not deserve the death penalty

Branka Pasko, animal rights activist
The two 15-year-old Sarplaninac dogs - also known as Yugoslav Shepherds - were shot dead at the dog pound in the town of Sombor, 150 kilometres (93 miles) north-west of Belgrade.

Local animal rights activists have protested against the shooting.

"The dogs did not deserve the death penalty and cannot ultimately be responsible for the escape," said Branko Pasko from the animal rights group Arka.

The dogs could have been sent into retirement or put to sleep with an injection, she said.

Local reports did not say where the guards were at the time of the break-out.

The five inmates escaped by digging a hole under a prison wall.

Three of the fugitives were later recaptured.

With the concern that they showed for pigs and their psychological hapiness, this must be really bad. I am waiting to see the fall out.

Edit: lest anyone think Im targeting the EU, I will post any really stupid actions i find in the news, regardless of their national origin

[ 02-24-2003, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 02-24-2003, 11:15 AM   #2
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

There are two fugitives still out there, and we're bickering about the dogs??

Okay - so I think it's inhumane. Personally, I wouldn't do it. And, in the US you can thankfully now go to jail for animal cruelty. Is that over-legislating? Or just a change from the traditional legal view that animals are strictly chattel? Remember - women were chattel once too. Sorry- my animal rights side is rearing its small but ugly head.

But, there are still two escapees on the loose.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:22 AM   #3
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

shooting dogs? 15 yr old dogs? most dogs are deaf by then...idiots. amkes me want to put them on a leash with instructions to bark if they hear anything, then box their ears in.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:22 AM   #4
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Just another example of trying to keep dogs down. It's time to become a member of CCFODM. [img]graemlins/dogrun.gif[/img] Don't delay, get your virtual dog today.

Seriously, how is a dog supposed to understand about tunneling and make the connection between people outside (like the guards) and prisoners? Did the guards on duty who screw up have to take the place of the dogs?
Old 02-24-2003, 11:27 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Edit: lest anyone think Im targeting the EU, I will post any really stupid actions i find in the news, regardless of their national origin
Ah that's alright then, thanks for the explanation. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Er... just one thing though.... then why did you put EU in the title when you post an article that isn't even related to it? Stick to the facts.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:36 AM   #6
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:

Go on then - quote one from the US!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 02-24-2003, 11:45 AM   #7
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Quote:

Ah that's alright then, thanks for the explanation. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Er... just one thing though.... then why did you put EU in the title when you post an article that isn't even related to it? Stick to the facts.
[/QUOTE]
So you are saying that Serbia is not in the running to become an EU member? I had thought all those little nations were on the list. Guess I was wrong, mea culpa.

[ 02-24-2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 02-24-2003, 11:45 AM   #8
Masklinn

Wait wait wait...

I won't comment this article or anything. I have better to do than that. Look, I m here to show you how pigs are treated in the USA !

See these links :

http://www.whistlingtrainfarm.com/pages/3sowspage.html
http://www.whistlingtrainfarm.com/pages/2pigpage.html

This is a shame !
They give them showers, they give them little cutie names.
Look at the first sentence :
Quote:
Pigs are like huge puppies
IT'S A SHAME !

Sorry, couldn't resist
Old 02-24-2003, 11:48 AM   #9
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Quote:

Go on then - quote one from the US![/QUOTE]Did you miss my "Is there Intelligent Life on earth" thread? Most of those headlines were from the US [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2003, 11:49 AM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:

So you are saying that Serbia is not in the running to become an EU member? I had thought all those little nations were on the list. Guess I was wrong, mea culpa.
LOL, no, "all those little nations" are not.