Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2004, 07:43 PM   #141
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Evening, all. Gotta go do my dishes for Christmas dinner: green bean casserole (contains NO canned soup), creamed onions, and French onion soup.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:34 PM   #142
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Happy Christmas Eve to all, and for some Merry Christmas (cause it's over already LOL). [img]smile.gif[/img] I always like Christmas Eve, all my decorations are up in the house, I have so many lights, and shelves with lighted Christmas houses, and battery powered crystal lighted ornaments, I go insane LOL. I just love colored lights is what it is LOL. It's cold as hell outside, but it's nice and warm inside [img]smile.gif[/img] So I'm feeling comfortable and serene this Christmas Eve. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 12-24-2004, 11:19 PM   #143
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Well what be sitting here at the cafe? Better get home with the family! I'm really only posting to share my new sig!
Old 12-24-2004, 11:32 PM   #144
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Nice new sig, Variol [img]smile.gif[/img]

And Wellard, glad to hear that Martin's back home and ready for tomorrow. It's no fun being there, and I'm sure he will enjoy the morning's... activities...

Christmas eve is at an end here... had close friends over this afternoon for fun, food, and gifts, then church service in the late afternoon. Our church has a children's sermon, and there were easily more than 60 kids who went up for it -- I was looking around for the pied piper!

Midway through it, someone apparently leaned against the stand holding the advent candles and nearly knocked it over. Ever hear several hundred people go "whoooooaaaaa...." at the same time? Woke me right up, it did [img]smile.gif[/img]

Then 'twas time for Christmas Eve dinner, which at our house is a fondue with beef, shrimp, and scallops (at least, this year). The scallops disappeared first; I managed to snag three of 'em before my daughter wolfed them down. Steak and shrimp lasted throughout the meal, and I foresee shrimp fried rice in someone's future!

Then our family gift tradition... opening your new pajamas on Christmas Eve. My wife liked hers but thought they were too big; I countered that they were the smallest size they had. After trying them on, though, they actually fit very well, and she's happy.

My daughter got a princess-like pajama with a furry frilly chemise-like thing that she wears on top, and a basic nightgown with toule and other stuff. You can tell that I'm very knowledgable about this kind of stuff

My son got a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle jammie, and he was tickled pink. He figured that it made him a ninja turtle...

And me? My wife got me what I wanted, which is basically a long pants pajama bottom with no open fly. She even got it in my size -- XL. Unfortunately, I think it's really a XXXL, and not only is it huge on me, I think that either my wife or both kids could get inside it with me without any problem! Needless to say, I get to go exchange it for something a little more *ahem* appropriate.

And the morning brings the bright and cheery voices of the kids (I'm thinking positively, now) and the climax to all this anticipation. I think they'll be happy, and I think Santa got my wife a couple of things she really wanted as well...

With that, and a long post over, Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:31 AM   #145
wellard
Dracolisk

Thanks for the wishes (and hugs) Martin has kept his Christmas dinner down and apart from being very tired (like mum and dad) he has managed to have fun with all his new toys .... Thought he would somehow [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Ross Yes they did get a Yamaha electric piano. Sounds good too *not to loud*

And Santa brought me the last extended cut installment of LOTR [img]graemlins/tgestar3.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tgestar4.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tgestar5.gif[/img]

*puts some beer on ice for this evening / grin *

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-25-2004, 01:12 AM   #146
Xan the Enchanter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have to work on Christmas. e_e

Xan works at Loews Cineplex.

How many people REALLY go to the movies on Christmas Day?
Old 12-25-2004, 04:17 AM   #147
Mystique
The Magister

Not me, im all hypnotized with the christmas tree. Shiny lights.red, blue and green orbs.... my... precious.. *turns green and crawls away*
Old 12-25-2004, 06:56 AM   #148
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Nice new sig, Variol [img]smile.gif[/img]

And Wellard, glad to hear that Martin's back home and ready for tomorrow. It's no fun being there, and I'm sure he will enjoy the morning's... activities...

Christmas eve is at an end here... had close friends over this afternoon for fun, food, and gifts, then church service in the late afternoon. Our church has a children's sermon, and there were easily more than 60 kids who went up for it -- I was looking around for the pied piper!

Midway through it, someone apparently leaned against the stand holding the advent candles and nearly knocked it over. Ever hear several hundred people go "whoooooaaaaa...." at the same time? Woke me right up, it did [img]smile.gif[/img]

Then 'twas time for Christmas Eve dinner, which at our house is a fondue with beef, shrimp, and scallops (at least, this year). The scallops disappeared first; I managed to snag three of 'em before my daughter wolfed them down. Steak and shrimp lasted throughout the meal, and I foresee shrimp fried rice in someone's future!

Then our family gift tradition... opening your new pajamas on Christmas Eve. My wife liked hers but thought they were too big; I countered that they were the smallest size they had. After trying them on, though, they actually fit very well, and she's happy.

My daughter got a princess-like pajama with a furry frilly chemise-like thing that she wears on top, and a basic nightgown with toule and other stuff. You can tell that I'm very knowledgable about this kind of stuff

My son got a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle jammie, and he was tickled pink. He figured that it made him a ninja turtle...

And me? My wife got me what I wanted, which is basically a long pants pajama bottom with no open fly. She even got it in my size -- XL. Unfortunately, I think it's really a XXXL, and not only is it huge on me, I think that either my wife or both kids could get inside it with me without any problem! Needless to say, I get to go exchange it for something a little more *ahem* appropriate.

And the morning brings the bright and cheery voices of the kids (I'm thinking positively, now) and the climax to all this anticipation. I think they'll be happy, and I think Santa got my wife a couple of things she really wanted as well...

With that, and a long post over, Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night.
Sounds pretty much perfect! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I was thinking of the fondue thing yesterday too, since we've done it in the past. But maritimes are, well, I don't know, but KFC won out.
Old 12-25-2004, 07:00 AM   #149
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Xan the Enchanter:
I have to work on Christmas. e_e

Xan works at Loews Cineplex.

How many people REALLY go to the movies on Christmas Day?
I understand it's one of the busiest days of the year at the theatre. Dad takes the kids to the movie to get them out of moms hair, while she makes dinner.
Old 12-25-2004, 07:42 AM   #150
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Hi all. I just ate lunch. Does anyone have a suggestion what to do?