Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2004, 09:49 AM   #91
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Good morning. Clear and pretty here, though cold (28 degrees F) and a dusting of snow on the ground. Could this be construed as a white Christmas? Aah, it'll be melted by Saturday. Still and all the earliest snow that I can remember.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:46 AM   #92
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
I'll give you one good reason for writing just what's allowed, Philip.
*snip*
LOL I won't be sending my essay on euthanasia to a very busy manager. It'll go straight to my English teacher who has right about enough time for anything. The last real English lesson I got was 3 years ago with another teacher. Shame we got mixed though. Well, ok at least last few weeks we've been watching films on Shakespear and read some of him but well that's not much work for him anyway. Not enough to make up for 2.5 years doing nothing.

But well I understand what it's about but in the assignment there was nothing on intended readers and that kind of stuff. Unfortunately today it was for my Dutch paper Had to make it interesting and not too boring, at least I wasn't the only one who ended up with some boring stuff simply because a lot of us had boring subjects that you can't make fun off easily.

But my physics teacher told me he had 8 of 10 of my answers checked and that it was good [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2004, 10:53 AM   #93
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
I want some snow over here in Nova Scotia! It's 10c right now with a heavy rain warning. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same, so not much chance of a white Christmas.
I'll trade you! White christmas for rainy christmas!
Old 12-23-2004, 11:38 AM   #94
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sadly, many teachers just put you through the motions of writing a paper, and skip the practical application. Even a paper on Euthenasia would have its place... imagine you're working in a hospital or hospice environment, and need to present some information to management.

Granted, it's limited, but there are practical reasons. [img]smile.gif[/img] Sometimes you have to make up your own reasons why something's important...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:50 AM   #95
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Ugh, -20C and a good foot and a half of snow. This is terrible! Good thing it's supposed to warm up to -1 tommorrow.

Wellard- just use my snowman!
LOL Sir Goulum its 20C here too, nice and cool

There is something to unsettleing about your frozen friend, SnoEdwina !!! I would not touch 'it' with a ten foot barge pole [img]tongue.gif[/img] Are you sure thats a sword? I did not know Edwin was so, ...erm.. so well equipped?
[/QUOTE]Oh, hush, you and your warm weather!

And that IS a sword! I guarantee you! No dirty thoughts in the Cafe.
[/QUOTE]I think there might be less controversy if you change SnowEdwina's pic so that she is holding her arm up holding the sword. Then all will ccalm down, maybe.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:54 AM   #96
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Well I am back from school and now I have no school for two weeks. Oh the joy! How is everyone?
Old 12-23-2004, 12:08 PM   #97
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Sadly, many teachers just put you through the motions of writing a paper, and skip the practical application. Even a paper on Euthenasia would have its place... imagine you're working in a hospital or hospice environment, and need to present some information to management.

Granted, it's limited, but there are practical reasons. [img]smile.gif[/img] Sometimes you have to make up your own reasons why something's important...
Yep I know. I want to be a doctor so I chose this subject (from a list of 8). Conclusion: the only law that should be new is one that protects somebody from having to make a decision for others But I think it's wishful thinking there'll ever be a law that looks at things in an easy way, till I of course find someone who can find a proper contra-argument [img]smile.gif[/img]

btw it was about people who had a terminal disease with long suffering. Not the question when you should pull the electricity from someone who's in coma.

[ 12-23-2004, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: philip ]
Old 12-23-2004, 12:43 PM   #98
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Different sides of the same coin. When is someone's life no longer worth living? It's a little easier for long-term suffering, since the patient can (theoretically) speak for themself. Can't do that when you're in a coma, folks....

I'm all for fewer laws. If people need to be protected from themselves, they should expect fewer liberties and privileges.

Wow! This feels like it almost belongs in CE!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:50 PM   #99
Sigmar
Unicorn

I know.

Bungleau, philip, that was the most deep and philosophical discussion that has ever transpired within the walls of this cafe...

...we don't take kindly to that talk around here...

*loads shotgun*

Old 12-23-2004, 01:05 PM   #100
philip
Galvatron

First reaction: You can't kill me cause I'm already dead [img]tongue.gif[/img] Pretty scary some random line automatically loads slipknot lyrics.

Now that's really a cafe line. But seriously you shouldn't be waving that around *throws shotgun out of the window*