Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2000, 06:21 PM   #1
Nick

I dont know about all you dungeon hackers out there but I for one cant stand when people rant on about how Drizzt's blood now stains they're sword. Its not that my character is some lowly 1st class druid who dosnt know his entangle from his cure light wounds hes not (hes actualy a ranger with 161,000 eperience points )and that I cant kill him or anything.Its just that it frustrates me when people think theyve killed some sort of god when theyve killed Drizzt.Does anybody out there feel the same way?

I just cant wait untill BG2 when those same fools meet Drizzt again.HA HA HA HA!
Old 07-01-2000, 08:21 AM   #2
Azreall

Killing Drizzt is'nt the hardest thing in BG that you can accomplish.
What about finishing Durlag's Tower without help ? Not many living souls did that, if you see the amounts of questions about DT on this site.

I killed Drizzt once, by summoning a lot of monsters and let them atack him. He does'nt attacks the beasts, but he tries to attack your party. But the monsters stop him from getting to you. Sometimes the monsters give him little damage like 3 or 4 points. I just started to rearange my inventory and made sure the monsters did'nt vanish, and after a while I got the message "Drizzt : Dead". His items are deffinitly COOL especialy Frostband and Twinkle. But it did'nt feel right killing the only Good Drow ever lived, because I play as a Chaotic Good character (hey, its a RPG). So I loaded an old save game and just pick-pocket him, gaining his scimitars. But having these scimitars felt like cheating, so I sold them as a reward for my actions.

But I can imagine that Killing Drizzt must feel Pretty Damn Good for a Chaotic Evil Alligned character, Because they are simply evil.

Does Drizzt make a reaperance in BG ][ ??? I hope he wil have a bigger part in the story.
Old 07-01-2000, 04:36 PM   #3
Nick

Speaking of Durlags Tower I tore that place down. Sure you get stuck in one or two paces for a couple of minutes or so but then you get by them. Its kind of amazing when you look at this board and you see stuff like "0h I locked myslf in a room and now I cant get out"
or " I sold all my ward stones to the innkeeper and now he wont give them back .It was sort of a stupid thing to do wasnt it".Anyway Im sure even fewer are able to say that they killed the Deomon Knight without using that mirror.I for one can proudly say that I am one of the few who have accomplished that task.I really liked the way the desingners gave him power words.

Anyway about Drizzt.I looked up the official BG2 website some time back and went to the general information section.One of the questions asked there was something to the effect of
" Will Drizzt be in baldurs gate two? " The answer was something like.
"Yes you will meet drizzt again and for all those that attacked him in the previous game he will not be very pleased when you meet him"
It was something like that but go to the main website if you want clarification.
Old 07-02-2000, 12:17 AM   #4
Azreall

Hey, who's Bragging ???

I did'nt got stuck at all in DT, it's pretty easy. The only time I stood still was when I was watching those beautiful rooms. DT looks very good.
I also killed the DK without the mirror, and I'm proud of it. Anyway, it's more of bashing as hard as you can than using tactics. Or what about the Aec'letec. He's no sissy either.
I screamed of joy when I finally killed that bad-ass-mother-■■■■■■ demon. I screamed even harder when I samw the next one comming.
I dont know exactly what power words are, but I do know they hurt a lot. Are you a hardcore AD&D player ?

Drizzt kicks ass. but what if you pickpocketed him ? or if he's allready dead ?

BYE
Old 07-02-2000, 09:01 PM   #5
Nick

Am I a hardcore AD&D player...I dont know what makes somebody a hardcore AD&D player...maybe I am? I absolutly love everything about Dungeons and Dragons and I intend to get into the pen and paper side of it in August with a couple of friends when the third edition rules come out.Anyway back to Durlags tower.I think powerwords are basicaly like normal spells except that they do not reqire spell components nor do they have to be spoken in the language of magic.Only highly magical creatures pocess powerwords usually highly powerfull undead such as a Deamon Knight.For instance if a DEAMON KNIGHT wanted to use the powerword "kill" on a creature all he would have to do would be to point his fingir in the direction of the creature and then say "kill" and thus the "Kill" spell hits the creature.I think Im right.If Im wrong will somebody with the manuals please tell me exactly what they are.

Speaking of Aec'letec I hate Aec'letec!That son of a Gully Dwarf kept cursing my party with that "Dying" thing.I dont know what the hell that came under...spells,Powerwords what?
Could somebody please tell me what that was?Anyway I gave my main character the bow of marksmanship and about 100 arrows of biting , then put a few spells of him then sent him down by himself to beat that Deamon back to its own plain where it belongs.
What was the story with the way there was no comentry at that interlude bit?
And another thing that was the most powerfull creature my Ranger vanquished and for some reason it didnt come up on his " most powerful vanquished thing".Did this happen to anybody else?
Old 07-03-2000, 09:30 AM   #6
Azreall

Are power words someting wich only apeared in BG:TotSC ??? I only noticed them in the expansion.

I think you're a hardcore player if you just love you're fantasy world and know all rules and everything about it, like its history and stuff. I'm a hardcore Warhammer : fantasy batles player. do you know it ?

The Aec'letec also uses PW's, like parylize. dying is indeed very irritating, it's when some kind of sperm apears in your character portrait, and the character keeps losing health until he explodes and becomes a ghoul, is'nt it ? It sucks indeed. Its said you can remove it with a disspell spell. This is my tactic for killing the Aec'Letec :

first move your wizard out of the way (just anywhere safe), and dont start casting any magic. imediatly start killing the sorceres and the front 2 cult gaurds (they will change in Aec'Letecs when you've finished of the first one !!!). Then start shooting arows of detonation at the 3 Cultist at the rear. Maybe trow in a few firebolts with your wizard (I used necklaces of misiles).
When you see the Demon starting to parylize your wariors,
IMEDIATLY dispel magic, you dont want them parylized in this fight!
When the Demon gets to close, attack him with your melee fighters.
If the cult gaurds in the back arent dead yet, keep shooting, if they are dead use your wizards, thieves and archers to kill the front cultist (be sure to pick other arows, or you wil turn everybody black 'n crispy). keep an eye on the Aec'letec, and dispel if he starts parilyzing again. Keep healing your melee fighters with a druid or cleric, or use potions if you dont have them. BE SURE to kill ALL Cultists before the Demon falls.

Hey, now you say it. maybe the Aec'Letec is'nt such a powerfull creature as whe all think.
but I couldnt imagine that.

BTW, Wich country are you from ???
Old 07-11-2000, 05:54 PM   #7
Nick

Sorry Ive been busy latly.
Yeh I know Warhammer really well.I used to play 40k,Gorkamorka (The best one )and Blood Bowl.I stopped playing about a year ago.I hated the Elven races in the Warhammer universe
for some reason.Im from Ireland where are you from?
Old 07-11-2000, 06:20 PM   #8
Adhrael

Hey Nick !! You donīt know who am I (Iīve been out of the net for a time), but Iīm Adhrael (yes, the one Azreall was looking for) , European too, from Spain. Azreall is from Netherlands, and he canīt reply you right now cause he has gone to Italy. Heīll be back within a pair of weeks.

About role games, I used to play Magic, but now I donīt like it (since I discovered BG). Iīm now very busy cause Iīve got NOX and DIABLO II and I want to play them NOW. I think NOX is very easy but annoying, cause items get damaged very quickly. Have you played it ??
Old 07-16-2000, 06:50 PM   #9
Nick

Okay I havent played Nox or Diablo two and I really dont intend to.Diablo (meaning Devil in spanish right ) was absolutly terrible in a lot of ways and its constant "clicking" fiasco made it like a shoot em up.Nox I probably wont play because none of my friends have it and I dont intend on going out to the game store and wasting my money on some cheap imitation when I could just get Icewind Dales (which I am going to get in the next three days or so ).Ive never played magic but I did play this fantesy card game when I was younger.It was too repetative and there was no advancement in characters.What is Magic like?Can characters advance?Are there even characters?
Old 07-18-2000, 05:06 PM   #10
Adhrael

Yeah, youīre right diablo means devil. Are you spanish ??
Well, itīs true that Diablo and Nox arenīt full RPG, but theyīre fun. Now Iīm playing Diablo II and it isnīt very bad, but graphs arenīt very good, I liked better Diablo 1 graphs. Thereīs much more character developing that in Diablo 1. Now you canīt cast magic with a warrior, but you have a "skill tree" with three catergories in every character type; for example, war cries and weapon expertises in the warrior, but spells in the wizard. And there are five categories: barbarian, paladin, amazon, necromancer and mage. You get a skill per level, so you have to develop your character in this area, and in attributes too. I think itīs fine.

There arenīt characters in Magic, itīs a very boring card game, and it isnīt very rol-gaming. The only thing you have to do is choose (and buy) cards for your deck, trying to make combos and then play thinking a bit. Boring.

Aaaahhh... Iīll have to wait a pair of months to have IWD. Iīll have to be patient...