Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2002, 01:19 PM   #1
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

I was just wondering, is neverwinter nights worth getting? I know how you can make your own dungeons and stuff but is there also a normal quest type thing like all the other games or are you forced to make your own world and work with it?
-thanx
Old 08-03-2002, 01:22 PM   #2
Blade
Emerald Dragon

it does come with a single player campain that is about 60 hours according to the disigners.
Old 08-03-2002, 01:25 PM   #3
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Malavon's Rage:
I was just wondering, is neverwinter nights worth getting? I know how you can make your own dungeons and stuff but is there also a normal quest type thing like all the other games or are you forced to make your own world and work with it?
-thanx
Neverwinter Nights does come with a premade module. Not sure how many chapters there are, but if you do most of the quests, you will level up to maximum (20th level is the highest you can go.) The game has some quirks to it, but is enjoyable overall. If you like online gaming, it is ridiculously easy to get setup. You do need a good system to play on though. At least 128 Megs of Ram. Good video card and if you plan on going online, I would also suggest high speed connection (DSL, cable, etc.). If not, the game may be somewhat disappointing.
Old 08-03-2002, 01:25 PM   #4
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

ok, in that case i might get it
Old 08-03-2002, 02:13 PM   #5
AndyG
Elminster

There are reviews all over the place of this game, and they have been overwhelmingly positive. In addition to the single player game, there will soon be dozens of full length community made modules. I'm really looking forward to playing them as they become available.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 02:17 PM   #6
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyG:
There are reviews all over the place of this game, and they have been overwhelmingly positive. In addition to the single player game, there will soon be dozens of full length community made modules. I'm really looking forward to playing them as they become available.
As for the MODS available, Bioware is hosting quite a few mods already. They have over 500 and counting. I'm going to dl a few as soon as I get home (about 3 hours or so)

http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/...es/nwn500mods/

Here are some samples:
http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/modulesTop2.shtml

[ 08-03-2002, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Tobbin ]
Old 08-03-2002, 05:49 PM   #7
DraconisRex

No. My feeling is that if you have to ask, despite the lengthy credentials of Bioware, the epic Baldur's Gate saga, and the 90%+ review average of the game... Then you're one of those people that just can't be satisfied. Sorry.

I, on the other hand, bought the sucker sight unseen. No reviews. Hating the pre-release screen shots of the outdoor "farm & field" areas. Thinking all those cliffs in the woodland areas were bogus and not with being "realistic." Knowing that the single campaign scenario would not be a "true" RPG experience.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 06:23 PM   #8
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

NWN disappointed me a little bit, however my advice is to buy this game. But if you're a Baldurs Gate & 2nd edition fan, you like role-playing, party interaction lot the game may be a little bit disappointing. But if you like games like diablo you'll have a good time. I'm playing this game too, yeah I'm disappointed a little bit but it gets lower and lower as I play the game more. yeah this game is cool
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote