Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2008, 04:12 AM   #1
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Default FAO Johnny

The mighty Boro's dealings in the transfer windows are never straight forward. This year it's Alfonso Alves, just wondered if you've seen anything of him for Heerenveen? If he looks any good? Brazil international is always nice, and scoring 7 goals in a game is pretty good, but it was against one of the not-so-good dutch sides. I'm not sure if the alleged price of £10 million (~€14 million?) is worth it, especially if he isn't proven in the Premierleague, could be another Kezmen...
Old 01-19-2008, 05:25 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Default Re: FAO Johnny

First of all, i wouldn't be too sure of Alves playing for Boro, he, in all his shining wisdom, has also signed a contract with AZ Alkmaar last December, so unless Boro coughs up the cash to satisfy their needs as well as Alves', that dumbass won't be playing footie at all. When AZ takes the contract with his signed autograph to a supreme court, he will have to leave England and play for AZ, unless he can prove he was totally drunk or completely insane when he signed that contract.

Secondly...yeah, the guy can definitely play, his freekicks are deadly, en he's brilliant in the penaltybox, but he has no love for the game, can't think for himself (he's surrounded by an army of brokers, lawyers and advisors), and is only interested in cash, contracts don't mean shit to him. Should he play for Boro, and Abramovic comes along with a suitcase of cash, he'll just as easily forget about his Boro contract too.

But anyway, to make a long story short....the guy willingly signed two contracts, and his current contract hasn't even expired yet, so basically he has three. Either it's the greediest son of a bitch i've ever seen, or he's an even bigger dumbass than i already thought he is. My guess is that he won't be playing at all for months to come, and frankly...i think he deserves it.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Well the argument is AZ and Alves signed the contract (transfer thing) but Heerenveen didn't, which was their argument to the arbitration panel of FIFA (I think?)

Now Alves has came out he wants to play for Boro, not AZ (even though he has a contract with Heerenveen, and a "contract" with AZ) it's going in front of the panel again (or Supreme Court, not sure, I think it's Arbitration for Sports or something) to try and sort something out. Word is, we're going to buy him from AZ now (and I guess give Heerenveen a little something something), but hey, we're Boro nothing goes right in the transfer window
Old 01-19-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Well, good luck with that golddigger, he'll be gone again at the sound of coins dropping on the floor.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1...073689,00.html

Old 01-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Reading through that, this caught my eye...

Quote:
Meanwhile, Southgate will turn his attention to Saturday's FA Cup fourth round trip to Mansfield, a game which is likely to come too soon for Egyptian striker Mido.

The 24-year-old played 45 minutes of last night's 5-0 reserve team home defeat by Newcastle as he continued his recovery from a stress fracture of the pubic bone.
How in the hell do you break a pubic bone??? Or do I really want to know...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote