Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2001, 11:49 AM   #21
Moni

My apologies if my response offended anyone.
I know what works for me.
When I do suffer symptoms it is because of dietary insuffencies (sp?).
I fully understand that not all human bodies function the same and may not respond in a like manner to the same treatment.
I do believe however that diet makes all the difference in maintaining good physical and mental health.
It is a foundation.
There are variables in how people allow themselves to react to emotional situations nad how easily (or not) their bodies take in certain nutrients.

Just so you know, I thought the jokes were funny myself but I do feel for women who can't (or won't try to) control what their bodies subject to on a monthly basis.

Stepping back to avoid any further conflict...this is just my opinion from experience and I have sisters who suffer on a severe level but then too, they don't take care of their health and are emotional wrecks.

Moni

------------------

Old 06-20-2001, 11:55 AM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
[B] Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
hmmm...come a little closer, Lord of the Birds (hehehe)....I'll make you bleed and we'll see if you can be trusted.... *snicker*

Quote:
I blow you a big loud raspberry from miles away - THRRRPPP!!!
LOL...awww, s'ok Shieldy,Lord of the Birds, I won't hurt you....er not today! *checks calendar* hmmm...but stay away in a few weeks, cuz I'm borrowing Melusine's heaviest frying pan!

CloudKicker

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 06-20-2001).]
Old 06-20-2001, 12:01 PM   #23
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Well, before this goes any further, I must admit: No matter what, RudeDawg LOVES Women !!

There, I said it. I loves 'em. ALL of 'em. It's an addiction, worse than chocolate. All women are beautiful. We men should be grateful to have 'em grace our lives.

In fact, I love 'em so much I think everyone should keep an extra few around...

*RudeDawg Ducks and Weaves his way to the door, moving as fast as he can*

------------------
Old 06-20-2001, 12:01 PM   #24
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
My apologies if my response offended anyone.
I know what works for me.
When I do suffer symptoms it is because of dietary insuffencies (sp?).
I fully understand that not all human bodies function the same and may not respond in a like manner to the same treatment.
I do believe however that diet makes all the difference in maintaining good physical and mental health.
It is a foundation.
There are variables in how people allow themselves to react to emotional situations nad how easily (or not) their bodies take in certain nutrients.

Just so you know, I thought the jokes were funny myself but I do feel for women who can't (or won't try to) control what their bodies subject to on a monthly basis.

Stepping back to avoid any further conflict...this is just my opinion from experience and I have sisters who suffer on a severe level but then too, they don't take care of their health and are emotional wrecks.

Moni

Hey Moni, *HUGS* Not to worry! You are right, taking better care of ourselves (diet etc) certainly never hurt anyone!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-20-2001, 12:13 PM   #25
Absynthe

Great thread Bilqis! This subject, like many others is funny the stereotype itself is so outlandish, not because the root situation is humorous...
Having lived with severe depression since my early teens, I could easily become overly sensitive to anything dealing with mental health or emotional instability, but I recognize the value of humor in helping to keep your perspective. For example, spending the first half hour of your day with a pistol in your mouth trying to decide whether it's worth the energy to pull the trigger is definitely NOT funny. However, I can now joke about it, and that helps me to deal with it.
In any event, my way of dealing with PMS is to simply accept the fact that it's "my fault" for a week or so, and my wife agrees! Hehe.

Old 06-20-2001, 12:22 PM   #26
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Two things did help my wife 'control' her PMS

A change in diet
And Multi-vitamins

The only way I can tell now that it is that time is when she sends me to the store for tampons (of course this is now obsolete since she moved out )

------------------

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Old 06-20-2001, 12:23 PM   #27
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Moni - a couple of quotes from your latest post

There are variables in how people allow themselves to react to emotional situations

I do feel for women who can't (or won't try to) control what their bodies subject to on a monthly basis.

Sorry but this is exactly what I was talking about - making people feel that it is their own fault. The thing about losing control over your thinking processes and emotions is that you DO lose control.

I hope this doesnt feel like an attack. It isnt meant to be. Moni I know it is really hard to understand this if you haven't been there, especially if you have been able to make changes in yourself. Sometimes people just CANT help themselves. The more we find out about the human body the more we realise that lots of problems that were previously thought to be hysteria or failure to cope are genuine physical illness.

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk

[This message has been edited by kiwidoc (edited 06-20-2001).]
Old 06-20-2001, 12:28 PM   #28
Lord Shield

I will make no more jokes on this subject as I feel sorry for women having to put up with it
*Lord Shield hugs all women on this board and leaves thread*

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-20-2001, 12:58 PM   #29
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
I will make no more jokes on this subject as I feel sorry for women having to put up with it
*Lord Shield hugs all women on this board and leaves thread*

Aww that's sweet....
Mel hugs all men in this thread who have to put up with PMS-suffering girlfriends/wifes/relatives

BTW Moni, I hasten to say I wasn't attacking your pont of view, just saying that it is different for a lot of women... I am glad that changes of diet help for you though But please don't think my post was meant as an insult or anything ~hug~

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-20-2001, 01:39 PM   #30
Moni

Kiwidoc and Melusine,

Thank you for your clarifications regarding your posts in response to mine.

I did not post that there in order to point a finger of fault at women for the natural effects of their cycles. It was more in an effort to offer help in lessening them.

Yes, I point a finger at my sisters but I can, they know better but get more attention if they are suffering. One of them completely feigns being lost to reality and everyone coddles her emotional outbursts...she enjoys the attention. In private with me, where she knows she can't get away with it, she portrays a very together kind of person...most of the time at least...there are periods where she gets weird and I have to call upon every ounce of patience I have...she is usually experiencing effects of her cycle during these times and asks for my understanding that she can't help it, which I do, even though I believe she can take steps toward lessening the effects. She won't...she would lose all the attention she gets from being coddled if she were to become mentally stable.

She, in no way, should be a comparison to what all women are like or that any woman would use this period of time to get more attention. I have been there and I know it couldn't be helped when I entered into it in a totally different state of body and mind that I am now.
I used to experience heavy cramps and mood swings but I also had a poor diet and was severly depressed. Having grown up with both of those aspects being prominent it could hardly be helped.

I am grateful that I took steps to ease the stress my life was filled with ( a severe change toward eating a much healthier diet and actually studying Psychology and applying more postive reactions to emotions that come to us naturally) and that in doing so, have lessened the effects of all the negative aspects in my life (not just periods).

If anyone does take my prior advice and it helps, even a little, than I have done what was intended...helping someone from suffering as much as they may otherwise.

*HUGS*
Moni

------------------