Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2003, 05:08 AM   #1
Lord Stefan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've never played any games like this before and I am now completely hooked. Unfortunately I have to work so I can't play it enough.

I am a mage and am just up to level 6 but still feel like I'm wandering around pretty aimlessly. It is so easy to get distracted and I now have about 10 missions that I have started but drifted away from.

I am currently having a snoop around the red mountain area beacuse I couldn't find the woman's husband that had been attacked by Nix-Hounds outside Ald'ruhn. Does anyone have a tip for finding him? I swear I have covered the area all around her. Maybe he is hiding as I look so menacing. Anyway, it means that I have seen the glass armour and want some.

I also went pilfering in the Mage's Guild in Ald'ruhn but couldn't find Anaranen's sword. I think I need to get better on the security before I get that as i assume it is in one of the chests. Did feel guilty for a bit stealing from by fellow mages but that's the world we live in.

Anyway, I'm poor and haven't really figured out enchanting yet but I do have some great gems and some nice rings and stuff to get done so it's just a matter of time.

Cheers

Stefan
Lord Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 05:23 AM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Hi Stefan! [img]smile.gif[/img]

It really is so easy to get distracted and overwhelmed by so many quests! If you have Tribunal but haven't installed it, do it! It really organises your journal which can be annoying and tricky to keep track of your quests in. I ended up just writing down the places I needed to go for quests so I could multi-task - so many small quests to do in out of the way places, you really have to have a number of reasons to go to make it worth your while!

I also know what it's like being poor - asset-rich but cash-poor lol . Too many expensive items and not enough rich merchants . If you haven't come across them yet, Creeper in Caldera (the orc's house) and a mud crab on an tiny island east of Vivec (near the shipwreck) have 5,000 and 10,000 respectively.

I can't help you with those two quests unfortunately! LOL I played the game through and did a LOT of quests, but keep coming across ones I never even heard of! Just shows how big the game really is [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 05:52 AM   #3
Lord Stefan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ah, I forgot to mention I'm playing it on the X-Box. Thanks for the tips on the rich traders I've got it all stockpiled in Balmora and Ald'ruhn at the moment until I find exactly that sort of person.

6 more hours of work and I'll be back on it.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:10 AM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
I am a mage and am just up to level 6 but still feel like I'm wandering around pretty aimlessly. It is so easy to get distracted and I now have about 10 missions that I have started but drifted away from.
If possible, just do one quest at a time, thus you won't felt overwhelmed.

Quote:
I am currently having a snoop around the red mountain area beacuse I couldn't find the woman's husband that had been attacked by Nix-Hounds outside Ald'ruhn. Does anyone have a tip for finding him? I swear I have covered the area all around her. Maybe he is hiding as I look so menacing. Anyway, it means that I have seen the glass armour and want some.
He is not far, just northwest from where she is standing. at world map it's 1 tile ahead.

Quote:
I also went pilfering in the Mage's Guild in Ald'ruhn but couldn't find Anaranen's sword. I think I need to get better on the security before I get that as i assume it is in one of the chests. Did feel guilty for a bit stealing from by fellow mages but that's the world we live in.
I assume this is the thief guild quest, the sword is in one of the chest belong to the person who sell potions.

[ 11-18-2003, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 10:36 AM   #5
Lord Stefan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cheers for the help on the errant husband, it really was driving me nuts last night.

I still need to beef up my security before I can get the sword. Don't know if walking around using the lockpick on rats and cliff racers will increase it but I shall find out tonight.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:56 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Stefan:
I still need to beef up my security before I can get the sword. Don't know if walking around using the lockpick on rats and cliff racers will increase it but I shall find out tonight.
To increase your security skill, practice your lockpicks to pick on locked door or locked chest. OR pay a teacher to increase your security skill. your choice of course.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote