Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2001, 03:23 PM   #1
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

(SPOILER about harpers!!)

I don't know why, but I never seem to be able to activate the harpers quest (you know, when they want to kill you). I have done everything I could with Jaheira, but still the harpers won't call for me. They did this in my first game when I tried out Hae'r dalis instead of Jaheira, which made me switch back to Jaheira. Do you have to kick her out of the party to activate the harper-thingy, or does it have to do with my reputation? I have 10 in reputation, which is balanced and good for everyone in my party, but still.

(SPOILER about Anomen)

By the way, when do they call Anomen to the Order of Radiant Heart so that he can become a knight? In my first game Anomen became knight after just a couple of days. I have been to his father's house and been noble by following the law, and this was about 3-4 days ago (game time). Again, does this have anything to do with reputation? It is not good if I need 18 or so, because Irecently killed a family in Umar hills just so that Edwin wouldn't leave.

Thanks
Old 01-18-2001, 04:51 PM   #2
Oreon

Whoa! Dude! talk about letting an NPC run the game. You smoked a whole family just for Edwin? Obviously I haven't done the Umar Hills quest as of yet. I headed for the boat and plan on heading there when I return. I do have Edwin in the party, though, and if that's the trouble he's planning I'll just let Keldorn dice him like he's been trying to for the past week now.

Old 01-18-2001, 05:08 PM   #3
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Oreon, I had 18 rep at that time, and if I got one more point Edwin would leave, which made me kill some people (just for the fun of it, hehe). I need balance in my group and I thought it would be swell if I just went out to kill some innocent people.
Old 01-18-2001, 06:04 PM   #4
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Someone please help. I would like that ...item, that you get when you kill some harpers.
Old 01-18-2001, 06:10 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

In my game it just happened automatically, with Jaheira I mean. She leaves the party on her own, and then you can go to the Harpers Hold. Don't know about Anomen since you killed that family. You could always go to the Radiant Heart and see what they say?
Old 01-18-2001, 06:54 PM   #6
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I think I'll try the government then. When did she leave the group? Was it early in the game?
Thanks
Old 01-18-2001, 07:11 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

No, it took a little while. Of course I did things in a different order than you. I did all the quests in Athkala first before even venturing beyond the City Gates. Maybe do a few more side quests in Athkala and see if she (Jaheira) finally prompts the Harpers quest. Definitaly visit the docks, that may prompt it as well.
Old 01-18-2001, 07:34 PM   #8
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

No, I have been going for the same route as you. I started making all the quests in Athlatka before venturing outside, but there are quests in Athlatka that requires you to go outside the city. For example one in the sewers or the planar sphere. I have almost done every quests in the city AND outside, but still no hearing from the harpers. Maybe if I take the boat to underdark...

I think I try what you say and live a couple of weeks at the docks. After all, I have my stronghold there. Maybe I go and visit the house of harpers now and then to see if Jaheira will be happier and leave.
Old 01-18-2001, 10:24 PM   #9
Armisael

Anomen's test is dependant on game time, Jaheira's on real time. Just wait. A little note, though, every time Jaheira has left my party to see the Harpers, it's been after that band of cutthroats has ambushed us, and every time that's happened has been on waking up from a nice rest in the Umar Hills wilderness.

Old 01-19-2001, 12:24 AM   #10
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks all of you. That helped a lot. Finally, after 19 days (gametime), Anomen has been summoned to the order of Radian heart. Jaheira still hasn't left, but now I know what to do.

By the way, all of the npc's in my party has had a quest except for Minsc. Will he be doing something later in the game?