Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2002, 07:29 PM   #1
Heron
Dungeon Master

I am a vampire------my lead adventurer of all people. Everytime I try to bite something it misses and I eventually die. I know you have to bite red-blooded goons, but I can never ever execute a bite!!!!!!!!! Why o Y?
Heron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 10:59 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmmm... I've never been a vampire, but I've known a few. Are you actually using the special vampire attack, or simply swinging a sword and hoping you bite along the way? Are you standing too far away, that you can't get to them?

Also, someone (loumistro?) added some information on how to play a vampire effectively. You can find it toward the end of the best tips thread, which someone just bumped up.

Remember that your vampire can drink toughen potions and have toughen cast on him/her in order to gain some HP. That can help through the rough spots, but for most folks, becoming a vampire is enough reason to cast the mythical reverse time spell, better known as reloading a previous save.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 07:49 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

As Bungleu pointed out you don´t bite with the normal attack. You have to use the "dragon breath" button, you can switch that so you actually can bite your opponents. Now I wasn´t very fond of vampires (had two of them in one party once) so I changed them back with the roster editor which you can find here.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:47 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Gads, I'm similarly unexperienced in this area - I've never played a vampire even briefly in this game. My general advice to players when they have become a vampire has been to load a non-vamped save. Since the search function is back, you might want to do some ferreting around in old posts. We have had players that really enjoyed being a vamp and posted some good info.

I seem to remember that not only do you have to use the special button (default is the dragon breath icon which you need to change to a bite icon) but that you had to have something equiped to your shield spot in inventory? Or am I thinking of kungfu? or both?

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 09:53 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Ya got me there, Wyv. I remember that for kung fu, a breather equipped in your shield spot would give you a second attack (assuming you had second strike), but I don't remember nawtheeng about vampire biting.

But along the "wouldn't it be cool" lines, imagine if when a vampire attacked you, you had the chance of acquiring vampirism from one of its attacks. Would have added another aspect to the game, for sure.

Ah, well. It will all be saved up for W&W 2.
-+-+-+
Old 10-25-2002, 10:20 AM   #6
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Breathers. How do the breather shell items work?.
I equiped one on my Warlock as he is the only non dual wielder and it seemed not to do anything under water as he seemed to drown just the same?.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:27 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Desdicado:
Breathers. How do the breather shell items work?.
I equiped one on my Warlock as he is the only non dual wielder and it seemed not to do anything under water as he seemed to drown just the same?.
You have to have the helmet and the breather to have it work underwater. You can get both by giving shells to the shipwright.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 11:29 AM   #8
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks, I thought it was either or, not both.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:48 AM   #9
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I played this game once and my lead character became a vampire. I hated it at first but after awhile I actually liked it. It was kind of cool rushing around the forest for prey just so my character could survive. I got though the game with it so it could not have been to bad I think it just comes down to changing your game plan slightly.'

I have always wondered how it was I could feed underwater with my helmet on.

[ 10-25-2002, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 12:26 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Following the segue...

I thought I read somewhere that the breather and the helmet both give you additional time underwater... that you can hold your breath longer, so to speak. Wearing either one should help you stay underwater longer, and wearing both is just that much better.

I confess I haven't tested it, so if someone's in the mood... do all characters drown at the same rate, or does someone with a helmet or a breather drown more slowly?
-+-+-+