Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2003, 09:09 AM   #1
Shotgun
Manshoon

Ok, so far I've been doing all right in the maze. I did the whole portal thing, got my armor, blah, blah. I then sent Minsc into the second level or whatever it is where the vampire is so I could get his hand. I cast Protection from Undead on Minsc, so he managed to go in, kill the Skeleton Warriors and Mummies with no problem and Dace. The only thing is, I didn't see Dace's "mist" after I killed him. He just died. I went to the tomb to stake the body, but nothing's happening. Can anyone tell me what I should do next?
Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:40 AM   #2
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun:
The only thing is, I didn't see Dace's "mist" after I killed him. He just died. I went to the tomb to stake the body, but nothing's happening. Can anyone tell me what I should do next?
check your inventory:

1. did you have any stake with you before you stake him?
2. after you staked him, was there a hand in your inventory?

nothing will really happen except for you get his hand after you stake him.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:22 AM   #3
Jani
Dungeon Master

Just guessing; But IIRC he`ll talk to you before attacking. If Minsc was protected from undead that talk newer occurred and could be causing conflict with a skript. Load the game before killing him and take him down after talking to him.
Jani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:33 AM   #4
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

What a waste of a perfectly good PfU scroll [img]smile.gif[/img] Those enemies don't warrent one. Liches do
Old 08-25-2003, 11:29 AM   #5
Shotgun
Manshoon

Oh, the only reason I used the Protection scroll is because I read somewhere that there was a lich in this section. Since there wasn't, I did end up wasting it. I guess I'll have to go back and start again. Crap. And I don't think I did enough saves, either.
Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 11:55 AM   #6
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun:
Oh, the only reason I used the Protection scroll is because I read somewhere that there was a lich in this section.
the lich only shows up when you're in higher levels.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:26 PM   #7
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Yes, but that's the high level monster spawn thing. You won't have enough PfU scrolls to take care of all of them...that is, if you actually go to areas with them [img]smile.gif[/img] Save the scrolls for the Shade/Elemental Liches and Mr. K.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:35 PM   #8
Jani
Dungeon Master

Pyrenk:
"What a waste of a perfectly good PfU scroll Those enemies don't warrent one. Liches do"

Like to beat beaten?

Shotgun:
"Oh, the only reason I used the Protection scroll is because I read somewhere that there was a lich in this section. Since there wasn't, I did end up wasting it. I guess I'll have to go back and start again. Crap. And I don't think I did enough saves, either. "

Don´t read what´s going to happen. Find out by your self! You get much better gaming experience. Quick save is there for a reason I would be thrilled if there was still battles to come I haven´t beaten 10+n times.

Dang. I got to learn how to quote.
Jani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 03:09 PM   #9
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Jani:
Pyrenk:
"What a waste of a perfectly good PfU scroll Those enemies don't warrent one. Liches do"

Like to beat beaten?
First of all, to quote, you press the quote button

What do you mean, "Like to be beaten?" Those enemies stand no chance against my characters, especially Minsc. I have soloed the past 6 games or so, but he would still have defeated them without any problems. That's probably because I do as many quests as possible before Spellhold, but you get the point
Old 08-27-2003, 05:29 AM   #10
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Was Minsc using a weapon that destroys undead (eg Mace of Disruption/Azuredge)?

This could also cause the problem, because if he was destroyed, there would be no corpse for you to stake.....

Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai