Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2002, 10:05 AM   #1
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Have any of you managed to pick the lock to the Lichs treasure?. In the room downstairs from Lichs study type room, with the brazier in the middle?.
Or is there a key anywhere for this lock?.

I really wanted to know what was in there so edited my 1st character to have a STR of 59 and bust it down, I checked out the contents and reloaded, well I'm not a cheat!.
My Rogue has Locksntraps at 7 so he ain't a begginer but he didn't get near cracking it, also my 4 fighters have STR 19, no chance of busting it down.
Old 10-21-2002, 02:46 PM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Yes there is a key. You remember Adrianna? The vampire in the lower levels of the castle. Accept her quest, complete it and ask for the "treasure" as a reward. You´ll get a key that leads to the lich´s treasure room. The other way is to get your hands on a lvl 5 lockpick. Then you can pick the lock. Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] !
Old 10-21-2002, 03:22 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

There are level 5 lockpicks at the Thieves' Guild in Brimloch Roon.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 07:00 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

While there are some nice items in there, there isn't anything that is SOOOOO wonderful that they put such a lock on it! Worth opening, but don't expect the moon!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 04:13 AM   #5
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks Guys,

I completed the Vampires quest, got the key and guess what?. It doesn't work!.
That's the 2nd bug to affect me the 1st one was the thief h'thark, I couldn't get him out of his cell with the correct key either, ah well.
Doesn't detract too much from a great game.
Old 10-22-2002, 04:35 AM   #6
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Desdicado:

Which key...doesn't work???

And

What are you trying to do with it????

Skull castle ..can be confusing...But...IIRC...there haven't been any bugs, reported there.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:13 AM   #7
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

The Key I get from the Vampire doesn't work to open the Lichs treasure room door. This is the door downstairs from the room with the brazier in the centre, which you have to cross the bridge to get to.
Oh, I've tried the other 2 keys you find as well, no joy, it just makes a clicking noise, not the normal "key does nothing" or "something else is needed" you usually get when trying a lock.
Old 10-22-2002, 12:05 PM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I have read posts by players who have had the key you get from Andrianna work opening the door in the study and I've read posts from players where it wouldn't work. One of the game oddities.

As I said, there are some worthwhile items in the chest but there is nothing game stopping. You can skip it or go back to Brimloch Roon and pick up some level 5 lockpicks. Hope that helps!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote