Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2003, 04:53 PM   #11
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

I am known for being rather absent-minded. Once when I was a large kid (around 11 or so) I was eating a banana in the back of the car. Suddenly I woke up from my trance and exclaimed: "Hey, didya know, banana peels tastes really bad". I had by then eaten most of the banana peel without really paying notice. Worse yet, i had eaten the banana first and then the peel. My mom and sister were laughing their heads off.
(It should be said that I enjoy many fruits with pits, peels, stalks and everything, but I think i'm making an exception with the banana for now).

[ 01-24-2003, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Indemaijinj ]
Old 01-24-2003, 05:30 PM   #12
Kzonon
Dungeon Master

Can't complete with Lavin or Horatio....I think the stupidest I've done is tried to make pasta without the water. I put the pasta in the pot, turned on the stove, got distracted by the TV sat down and started watching and didn't realize I didn't put water in the pot until the sweet stench of burning pasta and fumes and some flames could be seem from the kitchen.

My next mistake...also in the kitchen was when I had a couple roommates, so I won't take all the credit for it. One guy (Jim) left some oil in a pan on the stove wanting to start cooking but needed to step out for something. He left the lid of the pan on the tabletop...it was kind of in my way (studying in the kitchen) so I put it back over the pan. Another guy comes along, starts cooking, not paying attention and max's out the coil with the covered pan of oil as well as the one he was using. Jim comes back, takes the lid off the pan and we had an instant Flambe.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:35 PM   #13
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

The most idiotic (and deadly, too) was with my best friend.

We where on our bikes, and we each had a stick, and where trying to catch each other to put our stick in the other's wheel, while going quite fast.

Luckily, we weren't able to do it.
Old 01-24-2003, 06:41 PM   #14
lucius
Dungeon Master

Dumbest things I did lets see

- I made myself pass out in the sauna fell down and cut my leg open on the rail
- Climbed a tall tree cut the limb I was standing on off
- Rode my bike into a lake
- Poured gas on a pile of wood and tryed lighting it with a match I was to close and caought my arm on fire
- Lit a roman candle in my room
- Drank I think it was bleach becouse I thought it was apple juice
- My friend let me light his arm on fire while he skied down a hill
Yaa thats what comes to the top of my head

[ 01-24-2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: lucius ]
Old 01-24-2003, 07:31 PM   #15
Lavindathar
Harper

I've just thought of three more:

Tried drinking more than 7 pints of milk in a row. It is physically impossible, no1 has ever done it. Your body cannot take it. I ended up spewing white stuff for near on an hour.

Put a Meat N Tatty Pie in the microwave for 14mins rather than 50 seconds. Boom!

Made a super shotty bong against the advice of the resident college expert. Whitied instantly, was throwing up with serious nerve pains for around 6 hours. Btw, this was in the street in the rain. Couldnt move. Never again!

(For information - A super shotty bong is what an extremely drunk brad made up one night, as he thought it would be cool. He overloaded it far too much. He then virtually died [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 01-24-2003, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]
Old 01-24-2003, 07:46 PM   #16
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
The most idiotic (and deadly, too) was with my best friend.

We where on our bikes, and we each had a stick, and where trying to catch each other to put our stick in the other's wheel, while going quite fast.

Luckily, we weren't able to do it.
Ah yes, that reminds me, playing tag with bikes...Bad idea.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 01-24-2003, 08:20 PM   #17
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

LOL the number of minor stupid things I've done is impossible to count. Luckily I haven't done anything too stupid cos I'm so intelligent see?

Can't remember what age these happened at but all between 10 and 16. Actually the things my friend's have done are sometimes funnier.

- At school I once was cutting a plastic bottle with a stanley knife. Was talking to someone didn't look, and sliced my thumb open. Still have the scar. Nice

- In chemistry class lit half a bottle of cyclohexene instead of a few drops and it burned with quite high (about 1/2 metre) flame so it was hard to hide from the teacher

- Once was launching mini rockets from my hand. One time after I lit it, it got stuck in the launcher. I was like "uh-oh" so I was gonna throw it away but then I saw a lady with a baby coming and I thought I'd better not throw it in case it hit them. Anyway so I just held it and it blew up in my hand. Sore hand

- Was playing catch with a tennis ball with my mate Bob. I threw it too far and it went onto a neighbour's garage roof. Bob climbed on the roof but part of it collapsed under him LOL. The owner found out and made us and our parents pay

- Once was climbing a tree in a private car park at the back of a pub. One of my mates shouted that the owner was coming so I quickly jumped out of the tree but I didn't see what was below and landed on the bonnet of a car denting it and setting the alarm off. Then we ran.

- Another time I climbed on to the same pub's roof with Bob and we took a whole bunch of these wild apples up there and were throwing them at the pub customers in the pub garden Needless to say the owner found out and we had to get down and nearly got chased by some men from the pub, luckily they saw that we were little kids and contented themselves with swearing at us hehe.

- When I was around 13, me and a mate Bob were climbing on the roof of our local school and then Bob thought he heard someone coming so he shouts: "quick jump!" I of course lowered myself slowly to arm's length and then dropped onto some bins. Bob however just leapt off the roof, the fool. The roof was around 10ft and so he broke his ankle as he landed LOL well ok it wasn't funny at the time. I had to give him a piggy back home.

- Once was playing football at Bob's house and we were not too cleverly using the wall of the house as a goal. So I of course blasted it through one of his windows His dad was not too pleased.

- One of my other friends, Paul decided to climb on the school roof with us. This was his first time and it was quite hard to get onto the 10ft roof for us just holding onto the window sill. Anyway he fell half way and broke both his arms LOL! Ok so that wasn't funny at the time either. Of course me and Bob had already been banned from climbing on the roof after he broke his ankle so we made up a story about how Paul's arms were broken. They were in plaster for 4 weeks.

- This isn't about me but one of my friends Nick was so angry with his mum once that he punched a wall and he broke a bone in his hand and had to have it in plaster for 5 weeks LOL.

- Other than that the funniest things were when I lit a banger and threw it near a cat in a doorway. Just then a woman came out the door. As the banger went off the cat schrieked and jumped in front of the woman who also screamed. Needless to say I rode off on my bike very quickly but that was pretty funny at the time

- My friend Amin also once attached a chinese cracker (after they were made illegal in UK!) to a neighbour's wooden gate. Needless to say after 30 seconds of machine gun fire sound we had a smokin' gate and a couple of neighbours out with crying babies. LMAO!

ahhh the memories I could go on but I'm sure you're all bored....

[ 01-24-2003, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-24-2003, 08:32 PM   #18
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Sounds like you like to climb stuff Vaskez. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 01-24-2003, 08:50 PM   #19
Niadh
Elminster

Tried to hurdle a bin, long ways. Ouch, fell on it middle...

Attempted to boogie board (or whatever the sand board thing is) lost the skin on my knee, brilliant sstart to a holiday

Fell off pavement and twisted foot, damaged tendons.

Decided that it was safe to swing on skipping ropes hurled up a tree, over a pile of bricks. Excellent start to another holiday.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 01-24-2003, 08:55 PM   #20
Kzonon
Dungeon Master

oh...I remember one...Was 16ish?? Jumped from a moving car doing about 40. Lucky to still be alive.