Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2002, 07:14 PM   #11
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Well Morrowind is nice but after watching the advertisments for it on TV I've realized that it is merely a game where you steal a guys armor and nifty weapons and armor and then end up saving the world with them... wooh...

There's no other actual way to earn that powerfull stuff, [img]tongue.gif[/img] Not logically, seeing as the money system in the game is greatly skewed. You get items worth 6900000 gold but no seller with that much . . .
Old 09-26-2002, 07:58 PM   #12
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
All right, Mark, would you tell me why you like Morrowind? I heard that it was repetitive and that character generation was primitive.
How is character generation considered primitive? Is rolling dice over and over primitive? There are 3 ways to create a character in the game.

I like first person perspective games instead of the overhead 3/4 perspective type games.

Morrowind has many many different paths to take, with guilds to advance in and a main storyline where you need to save the world. You don't even have to follow the main storyline if you don't want to.

Besides, any game that involves combat can be considered repetitive.

The only way to tell if game is good for you or not is to try it. I've tried both and I like Morrowind better. That doesn't mean I won't buy Divine Divinity sometime and it doesn't mean I don't like it either...heck I've not played Neverwinter Nights. I'm not sure which game I'd get next, but I like Morrowind enough to say so..that's all! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mark
Old 09-26-2002, 08:06 PM   #13
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
Well Morrowind is nice but after watching the advertisments for it on TV I've realized that it is merely a game where you steal a guys armor and nifty weapons and armor and then end up saving the world with them... wooh...

There's no other actual way to earn that powerfull stuff, [img]tongue.gif[/img] Not logically, seeing as the money system in the game is greatly skewed. You get items worth 6900000 gold but no seller with that much . . .
I don't think it matters how much the items are worth if you never had to pay for them in the first place. I rarely buy armor or weapons. You can get some of the best weapons by solving quests for temples or guilds.

The mundane life of buying and selling items seems less interesting than clearing a dungeon and find the "good" treasure within.

To boil the game down to it being "just steal armor and weapons and save the world", does the game a disservice. The game is much deeper than that.

Oh well, not every one has to like it.

Mark
Old 09-27-2002, 05:05 AM   #14
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

I've played both extensively, my MW charcter is about level 65 my Divinity character is level 40ish.

I like both games, here's the pros for each:

Divinity

1/ The best journal I've seen in an RPG, Morrowind's is a mess. In my still unfinished game the journal is 400 pages 95% obsolete data, the 5% usefull data are well hidden.

2/ Challenge, after a certain level (20-30 depending on the build) MW combat becomes too easy. For my level 65 battlemage battle is more a chore than anything else, Divinity is challenging the whole way through.

3/Big dungeons, an average MW dungeon is three rooms and two corridors,... well Divinity's dungeons are immense

4/ The main quest is more appealing, more present.

5/ You do not need a 2Ghz rig to run divinity smoothly.

Morrowind
1/ Graphics. Sheer eye-candy.

2/ More open ended, bigger world to explore, more sub-quests, more stuff to do,

3/ Better balanced skill system. In Divinity there are utterly useless skills and skills you cannot live without.

Bottom line even though I shelfed Morrowind to play Divinity, I intend to come back to MW once the expansion Morrowind: Tribunal comes out, because it will allegedly fix the challenge, journal, small dungeon issues
Old 09-27-2002, 08:53 AM   #15
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

My thanks to all who contributed.