Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2002, 01:30 PM   #1
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Why must it allvais be BAD news on the tv news? I cant remember ANYTIME somethings was nice on the fuc*king news only wars, middle east, Afganistan, irak and shooting in scools in Us and airplane craches not ONE ■■■■*ing good things in this world!! grrrrr! I`m glad i live here in Norway here is it not SO mutch crime, but we have a new "murder case" almost every week so it is not so great here!

[ 07-05-2002, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 07-05-2002, 01:32 PM   #2
Deathbringer

Quote:
Why must it allvais be BAD news on the tv news? I cant remember ANYTIME somethings was nice on the fuc*king news only wars, middle east, Afganistan, irak and shooting in scools in Us and airplane craches not ONE ■■■■*ing good things in this world!! grrrrr! I`m glad i live here in Norway here is it SO mutch crime but we have a new "muder case" almost every week so it is not so great here
I hate to say it, but nice things aren't as interesting to the average person, and consequently don't make good ratings.

Old 07-05-2002, 01:41 PM   #3
Megabot

Quote:
I hate to say it, but nice things aren't as interesting to the average person, and consequently don't make good ratings.
Yeah Deathbringer maby you have right, but i think only a "rescue" of a cat from drowning in an river would be more interesting for people than an "sueside" bomb in the midlle east i`m sure bacause people must be tired of all this "negative" thing that happend in the world i think!

[ 07-05-2002, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 07-05-2002, 01:58 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You're fed up with bad news tv ? I got one word for ya: Teletubbies !
Old 07-05-2002, 02:03 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Or you could just not turn on the bally thing. I find that it's exceedingly easy to avoid.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 07-05-2002, 02:18 PM   #6
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Teletubbies?! *runs and hides* keep them away from me! Especially the purple one!

Theres always bad news on the news, certainly there is a lot more because of 9-11! There was a shooting at LAX just yesterday, and thats a bit closer to home then im comfortable with! But you just gotta suck it up and tell urself it'll all b over soon...
Old 07-05-2002, 02:21 PM   #7
Megabot

Quote:
Or you could just not turn on the bally thing. I find that it's exceedingly easy to avoid
HA ha i agree Saz lol i dont have the tv on so mutch but ALLVAIS when i do the crap coming over the telly so i cant se if the news is 3 weeks old or one day because it is allamost like from day to day here!
Old 07-05-2002, 05:02 PM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
Yeah Deathbringer maby you have right, but i think only a "rescue" of a cat from drowning in an river would be more interesting for people than an "sueside" bomb in the midlle east i`m sure bacause people must be tired of all this "negative" thing that happend in the world i think!
Well I don't know what news you're watching, but there's always some feel good stories on the news in Australia. Cat/other cute household pet rescues being one of them. Also things like breakthroughs in medical research, stories like Steve Fosset's accomplishments, etc. Of course there is more bad news, and it's not just about ratings. Everything going swimmingly (ie nothing bad, nothing particularly exciting happening) isn't newsworthy, otherwise you'd be reporting every single place nothing went wrong
Old 07-05-2002, 07:55 PM   #9
Moni

Tucson AZ implemented a "Good News" section into their nightly news casts that featured good news of all kinds happening around the city...they give little time to violence and report world events as fact without commentary. It makes for very enjoyable news viewing.

Here in Texas however, people are still conditioned to sensationalism at sickening levels...to the point where the newscasters doing live coverage will ask people morbid questions in search of more gore. Its just sickening. Be glad you're not here to watch coverage of "The Big Flood of 2002"....24/7 coverage (no daytime TV to speak of since Monday morning) with repetitive clips, commentary from infantile newscasters and camera teams lined up everywhere just waiting to get people dying on film. We still get our prime time programs...I guess that's because it is too dark to get a good shot of destruction in the making.

Old 07-05-2002, 08:23 PM   #10
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

word is that TV will be getting a new channel dedicated to videogame news 24 / 7 ! if it ends up on the air, i think that it would make TV worth watching again [img]tongue.gif[/img] As for now, I think that bad news should remain on the tube, and by the way, why do all the bad stories end up on IW in GD? It sort of makes GD just as depressing as watching TV!

I recomend you all check out hte new TNN, it's got Star Trek showing at all the right times, you can watch Baywatch every other time *bouncey bouncey* and most of the time they've got MAD TV comedians with timeless side-splitting funnies, and if that isn't good enough news-wise, then maybe you should watch REAL TV, they show REAL EVENTS from aroudn the world, some good, some bad, but never SO bad that you get depressed about it, more like put in a state of awe and bliss. If it isn't due to human stupidity and darwinism then it's the never-failing power that is simply human will and human power, like Rescuing cats out of trees, jumping over cars, and sometimes even mid-air jet collisions wtih survivors who hit the groudn without shutes! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

it's just a great channel with great shows! These shows deserve a place to exist, thoguh all of them existing in one place sure was a unique idea for the guys who USED to run a channel dedicated to Country Music...

AND IF THAT kind of news doesn't make you feel better then there's ALWAYS C-SPAN!!

"O_o C'mon house, vote Yes... NO! NO!... YES! YES!... NO!!! the HUMANITY! THE ANGER! THE PAIN!!! YES YES!! THE OVERPOWERING! THE BALLET! THE... NO!!! YES!!! 3- 2- 1... YES!!!! I'ts Now ILLEGAL to have to put the seat down for women in the state of alaska!!!"