Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2002, 07:01 AM   #1
rAZer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi everyone. My 1st post on the forum here (very nice forum I might add).
Anyhooz, I was wondering if anybody knows if the music from the Baldur's Gate series, particularly BGII can be played outside of the game engine, like in winamp or windows mediaplayer or something with a plugin or whatnot. I donot want to break any copyrights or anything and I would be willing to buy an app that allows this or buy the music on CD or something. I love a lot of the tunes in the game and would like to be able to play them when I feel like hearing them but don't feel like playing. Thanks

rAZer :~>
Old 07-19-2002, 07:05 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

WELCOME TO IW! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Now, I have been searching for the music files myself, but I have never found it. And I know you cant buy it on CD or something either. So AFAIK, no, you cant play the music from BG/BG2 without actually running the game.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 07:14 AM   #3
rAZer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thankz Sir Exxon. guess I will do sound captures someday soon strait from the game for my own use.

cewl pic there. ^_^
Old 07-19-2002, 09:03 AM   #4
Waldie
Dungeon Master

You Can Download The Music From Kazaa, Just Select Audio and Search For Baldur's Gate
Old 07-19-2002, 09:26 AM   #5
Kiyatha
Dungeon Master

Yeah, Kazaa has a whole lot to chose from. Visit: www.kazaa.com

/Kiyatha

<br />Never Fear - Never Fall!<br /><br />\"Never let hate nor anger guide your way - it will only cloud your path.\" - Anonomous<br /><br />\"This world is too dangerous to live in. Not because of the people that does the bad things, but because of those that let them.\" - Albert Einsten
Kiyatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 12:05 PM   #6
Arwyn the Betrayer
Manshoon

..and tons of spyware in it...
Arwyn the Betrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 01:36 PM   #7
The Ozzman
Zhentarim Guard

what exactly is spyware?
Old 07-19-2002, 01:44 PM   #8
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ozzman:
what exactly is spyware?
Spyware is a term for virus-like software that installs itself covertly and monitors your internet use. Now thats fine as far as it goes, but I like to know whats being installed on my system. Some early spyware (auerate I think) was notorious for de-stabalising a system. Ad-aware can be used to find and remove spyware on your system:

www.lavasoft.nu

while you can aparently download something called "kazaa-lite" which does not include spyware. I dont use Kazaa myself so i dont have a link.

ON the music for BG2 - it is possible to extract it but the process is somewhat arcane. You need to convert the files yourself and its a pain in the butt, cos most of the tools arent available. Which leads us into the realms of C-coding your own and for most people its too much effort.
Old 07-21-2002, 02:53 AM   #9
rAZer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi everone. Well, I knew about Kazaa some time ago, but had heard about viral and trojan file infection and the spyware/scumware they run so I had written the thing off. You guys convinced me to risk a peek at their setup and I must say... THANX!!! I found the entire BGII soundtrack, complete strait from the game in MP3 format files. it took quite a few hours of repetitious trolling over the search engine with "Baldur's Gate II" and individual track names listed on the bonus CD but 1 out of 3 tries brought up 2 or 3 new entries that downloaded. after some comparing filesizes and listening each through, I think I have come up with the full length versions of each track. They all sound great too. I also found the theme & ending music from BGII and ToB and a bunch of tracks from BG I that sound great.
All this was done with 2 firewalls and viroscanning running every second so I know I didn't get any nasty surprises. I did spot 3 apps running from the Kazaa folder going outbound across the firewalls that looked like the so-called 'spyware'. I allowed them at 1st, then blocked them and after they autoretry about 4 times they quit for a while. yay
If anyone would like more info on the music tracks I found, leave a question or contact here or contact me at: OMEGA_RAzER@hotmail.com
bOOOOOyAAAAAAa

[ 07-21-2002, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: rAZer ]