Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2002, 03:22 AM   #1
LennonCook
Jack Burton

I don`t know what got into me. I don`t know what I was thinking. So, please, don`t ask.
I made some very stupid phone calls to some people. I didn`t say anything, I just whistled into the phone and tapped it about a bit.
Originally it was a joke, all in good humour. Until I did it again. Many, many, times.

I now seem to have lost 2, maybe 3, of my best friends over this. Purely because I was stupid. They don`t want to talk to me, they won`t let me apologise. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

What should I do ??
Old 10-26-2002, 03:40 AM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

If they are good friends then they will get over it in time. Make light of it, crack a joke along the lines of... "So how about that dick that makes prank phone calls" with a big grin on your face
If you've let them know that you're sorry and that you've learnt your lesson there's not alot else you can do except wait and see. [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: The joke was in bad taste

[ 10-26-2002, 03:41 AM: Message edited by: Downunda ]
Old 10-26-2002, 04:08 AM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
If they are good friends then they will get over it in time. Make light of it, crack a joke along the lines of... "So how about that dick that makes prank phone calls" with a big grin on your face
If you've let them know that you're sorry and that you've learnt your lesson there's not alot else you can do except wait and see. [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: The joke was in bad taste
That`s just the problem- I can`t let them know. They won`t listen to me for long enough [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2002, 04:29 AM   #4
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

My guess is... give it a week and it'll blow over.
Old 10-26-2002, 04:33 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
My guess is... give it a week and it'll blow over.
Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I just hope you`re right...
Old 10-26-2002, 05:23 AM   #6
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yes i think Dow has right i also done something "stupid" like phone call peoples in the nights an they are in NOT the same mood as you lol but give it a week and they forgive you i am sure Lennon! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2002, 09:43 AM   #7
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
I don`t know what got into me. I don`t know what I was thinking. So, please, don`t ask.
I made some very stupid phone calls to some people. I didn`t say anything, I just whistled into the phone and tapped it about a bit.
Originally it was a joke, all in good humour. Until I did it again. Many, many, times.

I now seem to have lost 2, maybe 3, of my best friends over this. Purely because I was stupid. They don`t want to talk to me, they won`t let me apologise.

What should I do ??
DOOD!! You need to find some friends who can take a joke.
Old 10-26-2002, 09:52 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

... dont blame his friends.

come now, my friend Lennon, they will get over it. you can try that phone prank thing on me, and I garantee I will put a smile on my face

and kick the crap out of you.

lol, j/k. I cannot seem to stop making fun of people. sorry, but all in serious manner, my first sentence was true. they will get over this in time, dont worry.
Old 10-26-2002, 08:45 PM   #9
K T Ong
Symbol of Cyric

We all sometimes learn the hard way by doing dumb things only to regret them later.

Don't do that sort of thing again, LennonCook. Just see where it landed you.

As for your friends... I guess all you can do is tell them you're sorry and wait for them to accept your apologies...
Old 10-26-2002, 11:47 PM   #10
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:

I now seem to have lost 2, maybe 3, of my best friends over this. Purely because I was stupid. They don`t want to talk to me, they won`t let me apologise. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

What should I do ??
Okay that is really freaky, cos my friend got a series of phone calls just like that on his mobile phone last weekend. It wasn't you was it? [img]tongue.gif[/img] - his name is Aaron Nassua btw [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Anyway I doubt your friends will continue to hold a grudge over such a small thing, so dont worry about it