Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2001, 12:56 PM   #1
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi all,

I got lucky, Linda Currie just posted this about 5 minutes ago!!!

One more month folks, can we wait that long?

Here's the news. Mark Nov. 15 on your calendars ; ).
At the moment there's no info on the demo availability. I will, of course, post here as soon as there is.

Linda Currie

And just a P.S. -- I have been trying to post this message on the VN board for about an hour but am unable to for some reason. I was hoping to be able to post here and there simultaneously but technology is not cooperating. For those who visit both boards, I'll be posting there as soon as I can!

SIRTECH ANNOUNCES WIZARDRY 8 RELEASE DATE

Ottawa, CANADA, October 10, 2001 – Sirtech Canada Limited today announced their eagerly anticipated title, Wizardry 8, will become available at retail stores across the USA and Canada on November 15, 2001.

Fans have long awaited information about the release date of Wizardry 8. “We remain completely committed to bringing Wizardry 8 to market and supporting the release so that our fans can experience the best role-playing has to offer,” said Linda Currie, Project Leader.

“We have a game with such depth of content that trying to encompass its features in a press announcement is incredibly difficult,” said Linda Currie. “Wizardry 8 truly is a game unlike any other.”

Some of the product highlights include truly intelligent creatures, character formations, complete flexibility between phased and continuous combat modes, and a magic system with over 100 spells with unique targeting characteristics that make for a combat experience that exceeds anything previously seen. Fifteen character classes and 11 character races, dozens of skills, and tons of character dialogue are just part of the detailed character development system. Intriguing quests, an in-depth story, fantastic locations and vibrant characters with a totally unique interaction system to interface with them, work to create a game that will keep players hooked. With hundreds of creatures, a rich and varied arsenal of items, spectacular 3D graphics and special effects, Wizardry 8 takes role-playing games to the next level.

Four years in the making, Wizardry 8 offers exceptionally robust entertainment value to role-playing gamers. “We have devoted numerous, very extensive quality assurance testing periods to this product that spanned over 18 months. We can assure consumers that they will have a hassle free playing experience that won’t be plagued by the kinds of bugs seen in so many other game releases.” Said Linda Currie, “Nothing was more important to us than this!”

Sybex will release the official Wizardry 8 clue book simultaneously with the software release. This book provides a fascinating compilation of facts, background, and puzzle solutions. “Wizardry 8 is a substantial game with a lot of optional sub-quests. With multiple ways to complete the game, the official Wizardry 8 clue book will be a useful tool to learn about the various nuances found in the game.” said Linda Currie.

Concluding her interview remarks, Linda Currie explained “I am grateful to our many fans for the patience they have shown while this title was in development. At the end of the day, you will find it has been worth the wait. Thank you, from all of us at Sirtech, for the support you have given us throughout all of our years.”

Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 02:58 PM   #2
Keryvian
The Magister

Yes!!!!! As long as we have been waiting, one more month doesn't seem that bad. Besides, PoR should keep me occupied until then.

Now I just need to decide if I should be hoping to find a new job so that I don't have to feel guilting about spending the money, or hoping not to find a new job so that I have lots of time to play.

------------------
Nid yw'r hoff o lyfr yn fyr o gyfaill.
Keryvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 03:07 PM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

Great News Scronan! I'm glad you were checking up on it, I've been busy playing POR2. Thanx for the great info!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 06:10 PM   #4
Pangur Ban

Celebration time !!!!!

Would the first IW member to find out the system specs for Wiz 8 post them in the forum ??

If I need a PC upgrade, a PC upgrade there will be !!

Pangur Ban

Pangur Ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 06:15 PM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! - yay it's coming out!!!! Still no info on Europe or Aussie release dates - but "IT'S COMING OUT"

------------------

Ironworks Revolutionary Splitter wannabe
Founding Member, and General Demands Adviser of the O.R.T.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 09:28 PM   #6
Greystone
The Magister

Do a little dance,
Make a little love,
Get down tonight!

--Greystone

(Doing the Wave by himself after learning that Wiz8 will be out shortly!)
Greystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 11:56 PM   #7
Absynthe

YAAAAAAAY! Hereby canceling all plans from Nov. 15 through, well, whenever!
I am SO happy we finally have a release date!
Davros - if you can't find it, let me know and I'll ship you a copy.

------------------

Perversion is the true spice of life: Variety is just part of a healthy diet.
Old 10-18-2001, 09:02 PM   #8
Balgin
Elminster

I just saw that on Gamebanshee and came over here to tell you all but it seems like most of you knew already .

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 01:40 AM   #9
Ziroc

Oh yeah! I can't wait to play the full game. The Press demo IS awesome.. the Monsters and combat are so cool.. Much like CoDS but with many new options! Lock picking is still fun, much like CoDS & W&W.

I'll be eating my Thanksgiving meal in front of the PC. Naaa... hehehe

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks