Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2002, 11:16 PM   #1
Arsales
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I wish too know what others think are the best charecters to play and what roles to start out as and then be. I already have some of my own ideas but im still not sure if my choices are good and it seems to me theyr are meney experts on here and I wish too know what they think.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:12 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Arsales. May your travels in the Gael Serran bring you riches and fame.

For characters, you can check out the best tips thread for other peoples' opinions (mine included, IIRC). In general, I set warriors to be barbarians ASAP, and keep priests and wizards as they are until I get the 7th level spells I want. I don't do rogues (barbarians can pick locks and disarm traps), so I don't worry about what they do next

There's no right or wrong way to play the game -- only choices. Some people enjoy balanced parties, while others enjoy taking on a challenge -- say, a solo pixie rogue, or something like that. Whatever party looks good to you right now, go for it and play that party.

Some things do make life easier, so let me offer a few vague suggestions:

1. Level 4 vine spells are really important (one in particular). Make sure your priest gets to that level sooner rather than later.

2. Only rangers can learn fletchery, and it's a guaranteed money maker. Be sure to get it.

3. When stuck, look around. Handles, levers, switches, and other such things are often in the area, although they might be hard to see.

4. Remember... they... will... hunt... you... down... Just deal with it [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 02:37 AM   #3
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

G'day, Welcome to the forum Arsales.
I agree with Bungleau about the rogue, I wouldn't start the game with one again when you can make your warriors into barbarians.
If you want stone magic you must have a wizard in your lineup.
A whiskas charactor is conveniant for his nightvision trait.
I wouldn't use an ompaz again because it is hard to find armour for them.
Do look at the best tips thread it has some good suggestions.
In regards to Bugleau's point 4. You may never eat salad again. They WILL hunt you down. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2002, 09:23 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Really, Kev? I've never had a problem finding armor for my elephants. At least, not as spoils of war. Rarely can I buy it in the shops, but I often find it while looting a body or two. War leather, chain -- it's been fairly prevalent for me.

*doublechecks* Oh, that's right. I've got the extra command line option enabled -- deep6.exe -bigarmor. That increases the amounts of armor found that your characters can wear. Without that, the default (-lilarmor) makes it so that you tend to find armor you can't use.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 11:58 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Arsales!!!

I think one of the best things about W&W is almost any party you care to make can work really well! It is helpful to have someone to handle locked chests and doors but there is more than one way to do so: Rogue, Barbarian, Priests and Rangers! That's a lot of flexibility!
I've never heard of anyone having to restart this game because their original party choices didn't work (unlike other games).

Keep us posted on how you are doing!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 12:19 PM   #6
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

I like to work with a single I have found pixie wizards to work very well but make sure you have there dexterity up so they can strike an oppenet and along with their spirituality. And then just work your way through to where you get all of the spells.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:26 PM   #7
Arsales
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ive found that dwarfs are prettey good and elves are confusing me I thought they where supposed to learn quikley. I also like to have a gourk barbarien. I also like whiskas but i cant figure out what I like them as. I also like to have a female lizzord rouge evin if I dont need her but I like haveing here because for some reason for me she is able to pick locks extremley well. Also I have a rather slow computer and it takes a long time to do things and it is realy annoying. I keep looking in the book for what they say the diffrent species are good for and I try them and it is awfull. Ive also tryed makeing the party on the front of the booklet but I cant adventure verey well with my computer.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:55 PM   #8
morningstar
The Magister

Welcome to the Board Arsales!
I started out with an Omphaz and soon got rid of it because of the armour problem. I found Gourks very strong, and the little pixies that everyone doesn't seem to like was my rogue with the strongest hit points in the whole game. I made her into a Ninja at Ishad N'Ha and into a vampire at Brimloch Roon. Beware of the vampire though because they need to keep going on Tough Potions and are only strong at night. A real pain when you are in an area where you cannot go back to Town to heal. You definately need a Whiskas for night travel as he has good eyesight in the dark. I made mine a Priest and found him very good on the healing side. In my next game I am going to make him into Monk or Ninja to see how those classes are like. This game is exciting in the way you can change it by having different characters and different settings from easy to hard. Being able to change from hard to easy in a tough spot is good and from easy to hard to get more hit points is also good. Getting good armour and money at the beginning of the game can be a pain but I started my game many times over keeping the same characters and hit points and got them up that way. You might think otherwise. Well good gaming and hope to see you often on the Forum.
Old 07-29-2002, 01:05 PM   #9
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

Arsales Welcome to the Board.

Elves do learn quicker if you pay attention to the Exp they get they will recieve more Exp than the other unless the others have special traits which will boost their Exp for killing certain types of creatures.
Loumistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 02:45 PM   #10
Arsales
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey evreybody what were your best charecter's that wernt eney of the special roles? Pleas give me theyr compolet history. Thank's.