Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 06:50 PM   #1
Valiant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I need help ASAP! I jusst bought this game and I have two ninja's and a samurai. I tried to give him the arrows but they would not appear on my give list? Do I have to be in the daylight or have to finish the Serpent Quest first? Help would be greatly appreciated thank you!
Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 06:55 PM   #2
FanPyre
Dungeon Master

Try Using it on him instead, though give should work.
Are u sure u have selected give as opposed to use and the arrow is in the persons inventory? Silly question i know but i had similiar problems (i didnt learn about the carry function until cets tomb!)
FanPyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 06:56 PM   #3
Balgin
Elminster

I think that you might have to do the Seerpent Temple quest first. However Torin is noted for being one of the most unresponsive NPC's going and is just as likely to ignore you as he'll ignore the dragon if you give him the arrow, attract the dragon's attention and run past him.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 07:47 PM   #4
Valiant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hehehehe thanks, I guess sometmies your blind even though something is in front of you. I thought I had tried everything. I didn't notice I was on give instead of use. Once a dope always dope. Thanks for the help
Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 07:49 PM   #5
DrDave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I seem to recall that though only one of my party gave Torin an arrow they all got the guild advance?
DrDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 08:03 PM   #6
FanPyre
Dungeon Master

Not sure Dr Dave but i remember getting more than 1 dragon arrows from the bushi dojo if you speak trtuly then u could sell the rest! they offer 2000 for each.
FanPyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 09:34 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Just as a curiosity, Valiant...when you tried to give him the Dragon Arrow, did you have it equipped? You can't give away equipped items. If it is equipped, unequip it. I remember I had a ranger who I had equipped with the arrow so he could "replicate" it with his Fletchery trait...when it came time to give the arrow, he couldn't, and it took me the longest time to realize it was because he had it equipped!

Other than that, I don't know why they shouldn't show up in your "give" screen. See if you can cycle through it again and find it.

Dr. Dave, each character has to give Torin an arrow to get credit for the Guild. It's done on a character-by-character basis.

Doing the Serpent Temple first or last shouldn't make a difference.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 02:18 AM   #8
Morrak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i agree, i read th einitial post and the only thing that makes sense to me would be if you had the arrow equipped... however, i did run into the same thing once, it wasnt in the give window... it had been stolen from me by a sneak or blackbelt or something... i apparently skipped it when looting corpses, got to torin and i didnt have the arrow lol... well it took a little while bu ti did find it again...
Morrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 02:30 AM   #9
DrDave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Sazerac, I'd better go track him down again!

From what I hear he won't listen to my news about his poor old dad - depressing innit!
DrDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 08:49 PM   #10
Mortal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Two small tricks that worked for me at least.

1) If He can't accept it then save and steal everything then give him the arrows. If something goes wrong restore and try again. Worked.
2) If one of your characters has lost the arrows while another one have finished the quest you can trade the arrows with Torin, and then use the character that must fullfil the quest to give them back to Torin(an expensive trick) Worked.
Mortal is offline   Reply With Quote