Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2003, 05:43 PM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I *saved* Anomen. What comes next (non-romance)? Can I help him resolve the issue with his sister's killer? If so, how? I went to the compound and killed a bunch of guards, but no evidence was about regarding the murder.

Plus, I may have a bug in my game. After saving Anomen, a fellow atop the Copper spoke to me a 2nd time and told me his trials were ready. Well, I went, but as he'd already completed them no one talked to me. Nevertheless, it remains an "unfinished quest" in my list. Should I use Shadowkeeper to fix this? How?

As always, all advice appreciated. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2003, 10:54 PM   #2
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I *saved* Anomen. What comes next (non-romance)? Can I help him resolve the issue with his sister's killer? If so, how? I went to the compound and killed a bunch of guards, but no evidence was about regarding the murder.

Plus, I may have a bug in my game. After saving Anomen, a fellow atop the Copper spoke to me a 2nd time and told me his trials were ready. Well, I went, but as he'd already completed them no one talked to me. Nevertheless, it remains an "unfinished quest" in my list. Should I use Shadowkeeper to fix this? How?

As always, all advice appreciated. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
I don't really know anything on Anomen's romance, so sorry, can't help you there. His sister's death can go two ways as follows:

1. You go to the estate in the Bridge District and you kills the guards on the first floor (as you said) then you go up to the second floor, and then the bad guy shows himself. But if you choose this path, Anomen will not be accepted into the Order.
2. Let it go. Talk to the authorites and let them handle it, meanwhile, Anomen's father disowns him. This is the path that will allow them to join the Order I believe.

I think you have to talk to one of the head paladins there at the Order house to trigger Anomen's trials.

Hope this helps, later.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 03:04 AM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

I think your second question is a bug. While I had completed the Umar Hills quest, Delon would still be in the City Gates district, and give me the quest again. Talk about weird.. [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 09:57 AM   #4
Moondog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you tell Anomen not to seek vengeance after speaking with the authoreties, sir Ryan Trawl will come after a while to tell him to face judgement. Normaly Anomen will be accepted. However if you agree to rescue Garren's child in the windspear hills you can't wait to long to rescue her when Anomen is in your party and he still has to be judged. I waited to long with that quest and Anomen (who didn't seek vengeance) was refused because Garren's child wasn't rescued (yet).
Old 03-21-2003, 10:20 AM   #5
Annatar
Mephistopheles

I actually encounterd that bug 3 time's in the same game, one just above the CC in the Slums, Gate District and IIRC in the Goverment District again!

Talking about bugged , so that's probaly a small bug.

The quests I know that are related to Anomen are:* his sister being murderd (Revenge Test), Trials (He becoming ''Sir Anomen'') and if you romance him he will get abducted by Bodhi...*

That's it, in my knowledge (AAS... you know ).
Old 03-21-2003, 10:32 AM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

So, if Anomen does not seek vengeance and passes his knighthood test, his sister's murder remains unresolved indefinately????
Old 03-21-2003, 10:36 AM   #7
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
So, if Anomen does not seek vengeance and passes his knighthood test, his sister's murder remains unresolved indefinately????
it's spoiler-rific!

There comes a point in the game where Anomen gets informed about what really happened to his sister, and you have to give him advice about what to do when the problem comes up. I think this happens in Chapter 6, but I think it's more of a time-related thing; somebody mentioned that this quest kicked off in Shark City (where of course you can't do anything about it).
Old 03-21-2003, 10:48 AM   #8
Annatar
Mephistopheles

I recalled something similiar, but it never happend in one of my game's, though I'm not that sure about it.

I know that this happend in several game's of people here on the forum but I can't remember that I got this specific Quest... if it is time triggerd then I probaly know why I didn't got this Quest because most of the game's I play are pretty fast (50 a 60 game-days).

[add] AAS note: also because I like never use crappy Anomen...(only 3 game's so far.. playing a game with Anomen right know )

[ 03-21-2003, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 03-21-2003, 11:10 AM   #9
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:
I recalled something similiar, but it never happend in one of my game's, though I'm not that sure about it.

I know that this happend in several game's of people here on the forum but I can't remember that I got this specific Quest... if it is time triggerd then I probaly know why I didn't got this Quest because most of the game's I play are pretty fast (50 a 60 game-days).

[add] AAS note: also because I like never use crappy Anomen...(only 3 game's so far.. playing a game with Anomen right know )
SPOILERS
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Hmmm...don't quote me, since I always play male, but I thought that it only resolves that plot line if you are in a romance with Anomen. He finds out who the killer is (not to give too much away), he leaves the party to after them, and you have to talk him out of it by telling him you love him (or something of the sort). Kind of like Nalia's Keep; you never find out who was behind the attack unless you accept her offer to run the place. I guess the designers did that to enhance the replay value... [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 05:57 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I back up Nerull--the only time I got the final bit of the Moira quest was when I was romancing Anomen. It makes no sense that Anomen needs a girlfriend to find out what happened to his sister, but then again, things making no sense is pretty normal for most of the quests in this game.