Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2002, 01:54 PM   #11
Impskul
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I forgot to look at the readme...i will check it out tonight...also look into upgrading my ram as well(ram is good). thanks, I will post tomorrow with my latest endevors
Impskul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 04:53 PM   #12
WillowIX
Apophis

A shame the game isn´t working Impskul The problem could simply be your voodoo card! I know the readme says voodoo cards are supported but many users have had problems with those! You don´t happen to have another graphics card lying around somewhere? Also make sure to update your drivers for your Voodoo card. You can probably find a driver here.Are you running the game in software mode? Otherwise try that. All I can think of... Except a Welcome to the boards [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-28-2002, 06:18 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 08-27-2002, 06:19 PM   #13
Impskul
Elite Waterdeep Guard

saddly no I don't have another graphic card lying around....want ot get a geforce but that is as likely to happen as my wife is to find a job soon(not very likely). I got the voodoo3 as a gift from family, as for software mode.....? I'm not understanding that one, how would one go about doing that? any and all help is much appreciated everyone thankyou
Old 08-27-2002, 06:43 PM   #14
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

'Software mode' is one of the 2 options you have, when you install the game. The other is Hardware. I don't know any other way to access the option...except to uninstall and install it again. The Default setting is Hardware. If you didn't notice it, when you installed the game...then...you should uninstall and try installing it to run in software mode.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:56 PM   #15
tater
Dungeon Master

I had that black screen problem when I changed my video card. A driver update cleared it right up.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:52 AM   #16
Impskul
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well short of the uninstall and reinstall, things are not going well..there is an update driver that I can get for the voodoo3 though, but it going to take me a few days and I can try the uninstall and reinstall of the game tonight...hmmm what else..as for the read me I saw nothing that is specfic to the black screen...then again I can't see the glass right in front of me sometimes*heh* and the only real thing it offered was settings to put it to for the game which is 640X480 which I tried and it fail saddly...I will keep cracking away, i will get it one way or another...he he he he he.....thanks for all the tips.
Old 08-30-2002, 01:21 PM   #17
Impskul
Elite Waterdeep Guard

update on my issue....uninstalled reinstalled no hardware mode or software mode came up...it ask me where I wanted it and then started to install....maybe missed a step? since my 98 disc was shattered a long time ago I got the indviual files from family for the the 2 dll's and the drv...I'll try to reinstall those tonight, I got the .exe I'll run that to...I updated my driver to 1.07 but it didn't seem to help*sigh* is there another driver out there that anyone knows about for voodoo3 PCI? frustrated with my pc....*ideas to use a cherry bomb* oh well I hope the replacement files will help.