Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2004, 08:42 AM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

So who do you think? I am hoping that Barcelona will. But maybe all the big clubs will go out and maybe Monaco will win this year. So who is on your winning list?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 09:11 AM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

I don't think Barcelona have a hope, they aren't that great anymore. Im hoping Arsenal do it. Although I can see teams such as Real Madrid having a good chance, as they always do.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:10 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
I don't think Barcelona have a hope, they aren't that great anymore. Im hoping Arsenal do it. Although I can see teams such as Real Madrid having a good chance, as they always do.
Are you kidding ? They are getting better and better every week it seems. They lead the table in Spain, and win almost every game with gallery type of play. Real Madrid made the biggest mistake in history by not contracting Ronaldinho when they had the chance. Apparently he was too ugly to be a Galactico, that's what the newspaper literally said. Now he's developing himself as an excellent teamplayer with Barca, and still find time to show the crowd his superior ballhandling skills from time to time. And while Barcelona is growing and growing, Real Madrid has become the laughingstock of Europe, with all their overrated and overpayed so called superstars. ever since "Circus Beckham" arrived in Madrid, the club has gone downhill. There's all sorts of things going on in and around the club, but it has little or less to do with football.

To answer the question: Chelsea
Old 10-09-2004, 01:06 PM   #4
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

AC Milan for some reason.

I agree with johnny about Real Madrid, look at their amazing signings this summer.

Michael Owen - He was good, but IMHO he isn't now, not by a longshot.
Jonathon Woodgate - Injured again

Really bringing great players in. I don't think Real Madrid will win anything this summer.

But...
Middlesbrough FC for UEFA cup!
Old 10-09-2004, 02:13 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
Are you kidding ? They are getting better and better every week it seems. They lead the table in Spain, and win almost every game with gallery type of play. Real Madrid made the biggest mistake in history by not contracting Ronaldinho when they had the chance. Apparently he was too ugly to be a Galactico, that's what the newspaper literally said. Now he's developing himself as an excellent teamplayer with Barca, and still find time to show the crowd his superior ballhandling skills from time to time. And while Barcelona is growing and growing, Real Madrid has become the laughingstock of Europe, with all their overrated and overpayed so called superstars. ever since "Circus Beckham" arrived in Madrid, the club has gone downhill. There's all sorts of things going on in and around the club, but it has little or less to do with football.

To answer the question: Chelsea
[/QUOTE]Chelsea has a very good team now. Mourinho's arrival brought order into the team and since Abramovich stopped buying players every they (the team) breath as one.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:06 PM   #6
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Chelsea's put together a wonderful group this year, but I'm still betting on Barcelona.

Madrid is just funny
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 08:25 PM   #7
Gxc
Elminster

I dont know.. hmm.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:50 AM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

First on my list is Chelsea. They got to start winning with big margins.Second is Barcelona. They are getting stronger and stronger. I guess the gaffer finally found the winning formula.

Bayern Munich seems good too. so does Juventus and AC Milan , Inter Milan who will bore us all to death with their Italian football style.

Last but not least. Manchester United. heh, I still haven't given up hope on them. Especially with the acquisition of Wayne Rooney. Is he a waste of money? We shall see.... Alex Ferguson is in a hot soup if he couldn't deliver.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 12:36 PM   #9
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I persoanlly think that Real Madrid's position is not even logical with the players they have.

There is something that can stop Barcelona tough: injuries. They have a lot of them.

About Milan and Inter: they don't play as defensive as they did before. Adriano is scorin goals, so does Sevchenko.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:16 PM   #10
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Erm.... Farnborough? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote