Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2003, 01:23 PM   #1
theholyavenger
Manshoon

When you sell an item out, what do you do in order to make the price scroll faster? Especially when you're selling out glass armors and stuff, it gets rather frustrating waiting like 5 minutes to get the price down to what the merchant has...
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 03:55 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I downloaded a plugin for that, i usually hate cheating, but this is just for the better. It drove me nuts bringing the price back to what the merchant had to offer, so i plugged the creeper trader into the game. He waits in the house full of orcs in Caldera, and has 100.000 to spend every 24 hours. Problem solved. [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2003, 11:12 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

another option is that to spawn many Creeper with 100000 gold throughout the land so that you won't have to go to Caldera always.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 03:22 AM   #4
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

There is also a talking mudcrab with 10k gold on him that sells for full price. He lives on an island in the Ascadian Isles. To find him, take out your paper map and locate Vivec. To the North-east there are some Dwemer ruins on an island. The ruins are called "Mzahnch". There is a small island under the last "h" of Mzahnch and that's where you'll find the crab. Be careful you don't accidentally kill him -- he looks like and is labeled like any other mudcrab. The only difference is that he won't attack and a dialogue box will pop up when you select him. Little hint is to take some candles when you go out to him the first time. All the islands look the same and it's easier to find him again cause you can stick the candles on the coast line of the island he is on. Also to sell higher priced items such as glass and ebony just sell the stuff thats under 10k first. Then put in the higher priced items and buy back the items under 10k making the higher priced item under 10k and once you got all the higher items done just sell back the lower priced items.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:49 AM   #5
B_part
Quintesson

Welcome Aragorn.

Otherwise get the Tribunal expansion: it features a useful button, "Seller Max", which as the name suggests, sets the current sale price to the maximum amount the seller can spend.

Maybe you can find a similar plugin on morrowindfiles, but im not sure
Old 01-06-2003, 09:27 AM   #6
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

Welcome to the forum Aragorn. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Excellent tip about the candles/torches. I gave up using the mudcrab because I couldn't be bothered trying to find the little isle all the time and found that I was always using mark for whatever quest I happened to be on. This would definately solve that problem.

[ 01-06-2003, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: canadianvixen ]
Old 01-06-2003, 10:07 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Just download the creepertrader mod, why all that running for around for a bit of cash ?
Old 01-06-2003, 11:18 AM   #8
Mellagar

Or you could use

player-> additem gold 10 "1000000"

Of course this is cheating, but for those who lack the urge, like me, to walk and walk......and walk.........................and walk..............trip over yourself.............and walk.............................................. .........................and walk.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................. .......*sniff*.................................... .................................................. .......and walk.
Mellagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 04:07 PM   #9
theholyavenger
Manshoon

Hey, i thought the cheat was

player->additem "gold_100" ####### <---------your amount of gold desired here

Also, for those of you who has cursed the map provided with the game and spent most of your time running around trying to find that location listed on the map, try and use this cheat:

fillmap

It feels like they took your whole paper map and stuck it onto your game after you enabled that cheat.
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 04:58 PM   #10
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

Thanks for the warm welcomes.