Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2001, 09:44 PM   #1
ogopogo
Manshoon

Could someone explain to me what a familiar is and what it does and where to get one please. I have read about this and I dont know what it means
Old 05-14-2001, 10:01 PM   #2
Gimlee
Elminster

If your main character is a magic user, you can cast the level 1 spell "find familiar". It will only give the game a little more fun. Only your main character can do that.

------------------

See the ravaging effects of smoke!
Old 05-14-2001, 10:56 PM   #3
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by ogopogo:
Could someone explain to me what a familiar is and what it does and where to get one please. I have read about this and I dont know what it means
Boo would be a type of familiar to Minsc. Basically, it is a small animal, pseudo-dragon, imp, etc... (depending on your allignment) that acts as a companion. Each familiar has a special ability but most importantly the mage or sorcerer gains half of the familiar's hit points.

Minor spoiler
If you get a familiar it would be wise to keep it stored in your backpack. Otherwise they tend to get killed easily (resulting in the loss of the extra hit points and 1 point of con).

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by onthepequod (edited 05-14-2001).]