Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2001, 12:16 AM   #1
Zyra

Thank you all so much, I'm finally through!! Away from that dreadful Underdark! Wheeehee!!!

Old 01-11-2001, 08:16 AM   #2
Zyra

Right, I am in the Underdark in the Mindflayer City. I am at the point where I have to enter the room with all the Mindflayers and Umberhulks and I'm so very slaughtered every time! I know I'm supposed to use those potions but how do I do that?? You can't drink them and just having them on you doesn't seem to have much effect?? I already got a tip to use a certain spell, but problem is, you can't rest there and if I don't have those spells memorized those are not much use!! What am I to do! Please someone help me with this, since I've been stuck for 2 weeks and can't continue playing without having to throw my computer out of the window!!!

Old 01-11-2001, 08:28 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Zyra, there are (were) a lot of strategies on mindflayers in this board but they may have been nuked by accident. I've done a search on what is left, you can find a posthere.
Old 01-11-2001, 10:49 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi Zyra!

Well if you have read the posts and still have problem here are some more strategies which are damn coldhearted.

You have to have at least one or two raise dead scrls/spells/staff to do this, manuever your party so that you are in a tight passage and sacrifice one member, let him take all the beating as you fire arrows ad distance spells at them, summon thingies of any kind can also do the trick. Keep good distance though, you now probably know when they are to hit you so call everything out before the battle begins and choose a spot to defend, you can even leave most of the party behind and send out one member, use as mny protections you can mostly chants etc to be harder to hit nd have better saving throws. Keep firing arrows and let you summoned thingies do as much battle as possible.

If you don´t have any resurections try the above and have a thief stalk up with invisibillity potions and backstab them as much you can get away with, they don´t have that many HP so if your thief is good it might work.

Best luck..
Old 01-11-2001, 11:23 AM   #5
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Alternately, you can wait til later in the game and use the mind flayer control circlets and immunity to flayer potions, that's what I did, worked a treat !.
Old 01-11-2001, 11:54 AM   #6
Jon the Hell Caster

I love Mind Flayers They suck your Brains out!!

Old 01-11-2001, 01:48 PM   #7
Jon the Hell Caster

nooo! Now my cousins won't have a few new brains to eat! How did Zyra escape them!

Old 01-11-2001, 02:27 PM   #8
RedeemerAZ

My startgy was Summoning 4 Aerial Servants, and casting Invis on one char.
Id sent the the invis'd char in, then the servents, the Aerial Servents are Naturally Invisble, so the Flayers cant do anything until the Servents attack them, it normally takes 2 hits from a Servent to kill a Flayer.

I had to rest several times though to refresh the spells, the Servents were only able to get in 1 hit per, before they were killed by the flayers

I was able to sleep several times in that dungeon

Old 01-12-2001, 06:43 AM   #9
Zyra

Well I just kicked butt basically! I tried the Cloudkill Wand and that seemed to help rather well. I send in Minsc to fight them all, and kept my char in another room. I lost 2 characters after that fight however I was able to FINALLY sleep in that room and found the brine potions. I resurrected the characters and went on from that point. I must say it was a very hard dungeon and I think I've aged 10 years in 2 weeks but I'm finally out now!! MUAHAHAHA!

Thanks again guys!

Zyra

Old 01-12-2001, 06:51 AM   #10
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Cool, did you try the mind flayer control circlets?.