Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2001, 07:06 AM   #1
Ash Wyrmspawn

Okay...... the warning about spoilers in the title doesn't necessarily apply until the answers start rolling in.... so here we go.

1. That damn statue (in the room after the alphabet floor) "who looks like it's waiting for something to be placed in its hands" or whatever.... I read that it would become clear later on what was to be put there..... How much later?!?!? Later as in another chapter? (I was in chapter 2 at the moment) I've tried with everything that can be found in the temple, but no dice. If it becomes clear later, then don't tell me...... but if I missed out on something while there..... please do.

2. In the aforementioned temple, a certain Sun Gem comes into my possetion (damn, that looks misspelled), and it can't be sold, it looks different, and I know where I got it from.... but why the hell I need it is unclear. It does not go into the hand of the statue mentioned above. This might not be important at all, but it wracks my brain, and I really need to know if I'm screwing around for no reason.

Other than that..... my brain is just fine..... until those damned MF'ers get their tentacles (or whatever they have) on me!

Old 01-11-2001, 08:39 AM   #2
bpm07

I think the sun gems are used to open the magical doors in the dungeon, other than that I'm not sure
Regarding the statue I'll spoil you if you want
In Chapter 6 Bodhi will capture your loved one and turn her/him into a vampire and to get them back you have to take them there and place them in the arms of the statue.

Old 01-11-2001, 08:41 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The sun gems open the temple doors. You don't need them after you've completed that quest.
Old 01-11-2001, 08:57 AM   #4
Ash Wyrmspawn

Jeez..... forgot to mention that I was talking about the Shadow Temple/Amuanator. But that probably became apparent in the second question.... but just to clear up confusions that might arise..... it's the temple just outside Umar Hills.....

Thank you, and good night!

*withdraws from stage to escalating applause*

Old 01-11-2001, 08:59 AM   #5
Ash Wyrmspawn

Thank you both Memnoch and bpm07. I'll toss that sucker right out then! *L*
Damn, I read the spoiler! *L* Oh, well! Guess I won't have to tear out non-excistent hair because of that anymore then! *L*

Cheers! Mines a Snakebite!

Old 01-11-2001, 09:14 AM   #6
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

C'mon bpm07! Cryptic's not a dirty word you know.
Old 01-11-2001, 05:12 PM   #7
bpm07

Why, whaddaya mean???

Old 01-11-2001, 07:04 PM   #8
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

bpm07...about the SPOILER: (Spoiler)
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
What do you mean when you said a loved-one turns into a vampire by Bohdi? That never happened to me, and I have beat the game. Who is this loved one?, Imoen? And what statue are we talking about?, the one in Umar Hills? I must have missed something it seems.
Old 01-11-2001, 08:20 PM   #9
Tobbin
Red Dragon

spoiler
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
Yes, loved one means the character that is your love interest. Bodhi targets this person and tries to get them on her good side. I guess they figure that that'll keep you in line or make you take up time removing the vampirism where you will not get in the way. Either way it was supposed to have been thought out, it made for a really tough fight for me. Jaheira became inflicted with vampirism in my game. Imoen can not be a love interest because she is your sister. (At least the game doesn't go down that route. LOL)
Old 01-11-2001, 11:47 PM   #10
BLACK KNIGHT

This is only works if you didn't:

A: Tell any Character who try to get "close" to you to take a long walk off a short pier.

B: Got Close to someone, then Kicked them to the curb 'cause they sucked in the party

or
C: Truely ticked off your love interest by sleeping with someone(s) else.

BK