Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2001, 01:22 PM   #1
jturtle2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have seen the posts that suggest running from the Amazon Mantrap plants into Shurugeon castle, and shooting them from outside their range to hit you. I have three problems I have not been able to solve: one -- the mantraps seem to have greater range than my party with its +1 longbows; two -- I can only get one member to shoot at a time instead of multiples, so what's the point of having several bows?; three -- no matter what I do as far as reaching the castle (I haven't actually gotten in yet, but I know how now), the plants are waiting for me when I show my face and the three of them along with ratlings and swamp mucks and anything and everything else all attack at once! There are only so many things I can take on at once -- especially since the breath weapons of the plants and mucks don't seem to affect each other or the ratlings! This is very frustrating. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you.
jturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 01:27 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The general suggestion is to use ranged magic spells, not bows.

Since you haven't opened up S. Castle yet you should probably look for the path in the forest which the mantraps cannot enter (as you're heading around the path north and then southwest to the castle). You should be able to keep them in sight and cast spells at them and then move out of range when you need to heal up.

Don't lure them back to town!!

(While I have a character that is very good in bow and actually carries one, I can't say that I ever found it to be particularly useful. Range spells are much better)

Good luck!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 03:24 PM   #3
FanPyre
Dungeon Master

Amazon Mantraps and jungle lillies are probably the two hardest monsters i have faced in the game so far, this is due to the fact that their breath weapons dont have to hit you to effect you, even if u run away and go around a corner, u still get blasted. Give me 30 temple guardians over 3 jungle lillies anyday.
FanPyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 11:42 PM   #4
Eric Gabriel
Welcomed New User

Hi. I had pretty good luck with all the mantrap, lilies, and such with flamedrop. Three of my characters can produce it and you can use it from outside their range. They usually come from a particular path so just find that path and then watch for any movement, target and fire. They can't attack if they're all on fire and you are out of range so the characters with it can keep using it until they're dead. Hope this helps.
Eric Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote