Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2001, 07:57 PM   #11
Charlie
Lord Ao

Thanks Ramon.
Old 02-06-2001, 11:46 PM   #12
G.W.

I don't think it's too much a disadvantage to only be able to put two points on a weapon, there are definitely diminishing returns by your third point, and you can still gain mastery of two weapon style.

Old 02-07-2001, 12:09 AM   #13
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I didn't like the limit on proficiencies either. I made an elvish fighter/thief, would've loved to make a ranger/thief, and was frustrated that I couldn't add above ** to proficiencies. I ended up using shadowkeeper to put *** in short bow and *** in two-handed swords. Maybe it was cheating, but I think fighter types should at least get 3 proficiency points. Otherwise, there is not incentive to play anything other than human. I would've been better off dualling a figher to a thief and going up from there.

I also find it frustrating that multi-class characters can't be assigned a kit. The only way I've done this is through shadowkeeper. I know that a multi-class gets to use both classes all of the time, but level advancement is so slow compared to other classes that I think that level progression is a big handicap. At this point it didn't serve my purposes to assign a kit to my elvish fighter/thief, but I'm still keeping that option open.
Old 02-07-2001, 05:49 AM   #14
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi y´all !

Well this is a big disadvantage for duaing and multicass fighters. Well I think you all are going to love the 3:ed rules since in t you get all benefits from each class, there is no Kits available but after awhile you meet the requirements for a prestige class which will allow you to be either an assasin, fallen Paladin r an bow expert and so on. You cannot be a multiclass in the 2:ed way though you can dual from start so to speak and you can have as many dualclass as you whish but you will have a heck progressing to thoose high levels. So far there are no rules for characters to go beyond lvl 20. but hopefully there will be. More cool stuff is that most characters aren´t restricted to anything, you have some things you cann0t do but otherwise it will only cost you some harearned points and you can have a mage with a twohanded sword wearing a studded leather armour, though he will have something called spellfilure if wearing armour.

Check it out further at http://www.wizards.com there are some cool articles there and feel free to ask, I bought the rules to see what hppened and I have played some too but mostly I´m the Dm..