Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2002, 01:05 PM   #1
Storm Shadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried to start my game over and can't figure out how to start over completely. Every time I try to get new characters and start the quest over, I find that everything has been done already. I even went so far as to remove the program and when I tried to reinstall it I ended up right back where I started from. So, HELP!
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 01:16 PM   #2
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Go to the Activision/WizardsWarrior folder...and Delete the 'Save' and 'ROSTER.DAT' files. The game will create New....empty files when you start...

BTW...Welcome Back....to the begining.

[ 11-23-2002, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Packrat ]
Old 11-23-2002, 01:17 PM   #3
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

(I think)When you're in town, hit the PC icon in the lower left corner of the screen. I believe that's the "options" button you want, but you can also try the "options" button while you're out adventuring- not sure which one has the "reset adventures" button in it. THAT'S the button you want. When you get back into town, if you aren't already, open each character screen and DELETE each character. Then you can start with a new group right from the beginning!

Yes, when you're in town.

+Dr.Pick

[ 11-23-2002, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: Dr.Pick ]
Old 11-23-2002, 10:17 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

There are two options that I always confuse: Revert Game and Reset Adventure (or maybe the other way around).

One resets the game back to the last time you left town. That's not the one you want.

The other resets the game entirely. That is the one you want. It seems to me that the last time I wanted to do that, I had to remove my characters from their current party -- if they were actively adventuring, I couldn't reset the game entirely, since apparently they would become lost to the game roster.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 04:31 PM   #5
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, "Revert Game" is an automatic reload to an automatic save done by the game program each time your party leaves a town just in case something goes KAPLOOIE!! and you haven't saved your game while you were out adventuring.

"Reset Adventures" brings your entire party back to Valeia with non-quest items and experience. Some folks use this feature to build up stronger characters(helpful with a party of Pixie Mages) to go through the game with, but it can also be employed, as noted above, to resart with a new crew.

+Dr.Pick
Old 11-25-2002, 04:23 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

Yes, "Reset Adventures" is your button as it has been stated above.

1. Start the game.
2. Enter the nearest town. You cannot reset adventures from the wilderness or from a dungeon.
3. Open the "Game Options" menu and click the button. Confirm the action by clicking "Yes".
4. Now, the game is reset. All your characters are in the Valeia Inn. If it wasn't Valeia, where you reset the game from, you are in another town and get "entry forbidden" sign when you highlight anything in the current town. Click "Valeia" button.
5. All your characters are sitting in the inn. You can delete them if you want - but do not do it now. You can inherit some equipment from them before deleting them if you want - but do not do that in the inn. Take one character out, listen to Gareth, return to the inn and take the needed characters out. Trade the equipment outside the inn.
6. Do not forget to "rewrite" your money in the bank to some character which will not be deleted Otherwise, you will lose the account. Now, it's time to delete unwanted characters and create new ones.
Notes:
1. It does not matter where your characters are in the moment of resetting adventures. They do not need to be in the same inn. Some of them can be in Valeia, others can be in Ishad N'Ha, etc. The only condition is that each of them is in some inn.
2. You do not lose ALL quest items For example, you do not lose Ardibren Keepsake, Assassin's Dagger, Orb of Clarity, Strumbold's Helm, No-Dachi of the Stone, Gosh'Hin's shield and some others. On the other hand, you lose Algamesh' Amulet, Monkey Idols, Collaseum Gems, Ardibren's Journal, Genie Lamp, Evil Elements and some others.
Old 11-25-2002, 07:21 PM   #7
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

A further note I didn't think of until now. This doesn't overwrite your save games automatically. You still have to do that manually by saving your game as you normally would, is that correct?

+Dr.Pick
Old 11-25-2002, 11:10 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Correct. Save games stay where they are until you overwrite them.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote