Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2002, 10:25 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

..except my fighter/thief!

I cant decide about race & stats

I have two choices human or tiefling. I dont want any shortling race. I think human is the best choice. First, I tried tiefling but then decided human is better. Because tiefling gains +4 ability (DEX+INT) loses -2 (CHA) in character generation. When I make my CHA 10 I lose those 2 points. And for the other +2 INT. Humans already get skill point every level. plus they got bonus feat and 2 sp in beginning.

well, whatever I cant decide about stats

Human

str 14
dex 16
con 14
int 12
wis 10
cha 10

she'll be a ranged but also dual wielding melee attacker so I better keep str high? 10 int for rogue will be very low??
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 10:30 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For fun, you may still consider the Teifling... The -2 is not too bad. You'll make up for it when you gain enough levels and not even miss it. I think for RP reasons...you should go with your first choice.
Old 09-15-2002, 10:45 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Those where the starting stats of my thiefling thief/fighter:

str 14
dex 20
con 16
int 10
wis 10
cha 08

You get a +2 bonus in int, but you can lower it, or you could even put it in charisma to have a regular charisma score. You would still be gettint the +2 bonus to dexterity, and you get some nice protection to some elements. With 10 intelligence, your thief get 4 skill points to allocate each level. That is enough to keep hide, move silently and search maxed, and every level you can alternate between disable device and pickpocket.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:16 PM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Tiefling is a better choice than human. Yes, CHA can be lowered to 8 and it doesnt have any side effects like WIS. But, INT is really important for rogues so I'll make my rogue with following stats.

str 14 (she's also a melee fighter)
dex 18 (but also an archer plus a thief!)
con 14 (14 is enough)
int 12 (some thief skills benefit from int score such as search and disable device)
wis 10
cha 08 (she's beatiful but wild, shrew.)
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 11:24 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Oops...I do not think I will ever get the 3rd edition rules understood well. I left my Intellegence at a 10 for my rogue, and boosted her STR, DEX, and CON as high as I could. Well...she does not need to disable traps or searh very much. My elf has a good eye for that, and my dwarf will just bumble through traps, and shrug them off I suppose. She's a mean shot with that bow though...
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote