Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2002, 03:16 PM   #21
WillowIX
Apophis

I still donīt get it. Maybe you have already found the answer to this but I couldnīt find it in here. This is what Iīve got so far:
  1. The thief is ready to start the car (the car door is possibly open)
  2. The hunter appears and apparently stands next to the car door? Or?
  3. The thief threatens the hunter and the hunter shoots the thief.
OK, did I get that right? OK hereīs what Iīm not getting, the hunter manages to shoot the thief in the hip and buttocks? How? The hip I can understand but the buttocks? After getting shot the thief turns slightly away from the hunter or? Apparently his wounds are life threatening (I donīt see why, since heīs been shot mainly in adipose and muscle tissue. To hit a major artery the arrow had to go through the hip, break through the pelvis and the sever the artery, the iliac artery is in the anterior circulatory system.) but still the thief manages to jump out of the car and RUN away. With two arrows in his body? Maybe the solution is simple, I just canīt see it. [img]graemlins/confused3.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2002, 04:18 PM   #22
MagiK

Im with ya Willow, I just can't see a guy being shot in the arse up and croaking of it. There must have been more to it.

Im guessing the guy got shot in the backside as he was lunging away to reach his gun [img]smile.gif[/img] Or maybe he decided to Moon the guy as he drove off [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2002, 06:34 PM   #23
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Sounds like a nominee for a Darwin award.
Old 10-22-2002, 04:47 AM   #24
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

I suppose he could have threatened the hunter and reached into the passenger seat for a gun exposing his backside to the hunter.A hunting arrowhead is designed to shread tissue the more it is moved kinda like having four razors inside you slicing more and more as you move or put weight on it.It's also designed to keep the wound open and letting as much blood loss as possible so that could well be a wound that will kill.I think the case would hinge on finding the aledged gun as there is no other way to prove it likely he was threatened.As well as the autopsey because if the report showed he wasn't shot while sitting then the guy was outside the car and had his back to the hunter and then it's unlikely the hunter truly felt in his life in peril.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
Old 10-22-2002, 05:12 AM   #25
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Since when was the death penalty a reasonable punishment for stealing a car?

Who made the Hunter judge and jury?

Without guns, the Hunter wouldn't have a leg to stand on. There would have been no threat to his life to base a dodgy defense on.

Two crimes were committed. One worse than the other. As Luvian said, property can be replaced, a life cannot.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 10-22-2002, 08:23 AM   #26
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Very true. But some lives are really not worth replacing if they make the lives of others less pleasant. Personally I have little to no sympathy for the robber, even if he didn't pull a gun. In my opinion it's like this: If you break the law, you've put aside all of your own rights by violating the rights of others. Don't whine if you or your stuff gets hurt in some way, you've brought it on yourself.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:27 AM   #27
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Very true. But some lives are really not worth replacing if they make the lives of others less pleasant. Personally I have little to no sympathy for the robber, even if he didn't pull a gun. In my opinion it's like this: If you break the law, you've put aside all of your own rights by violating the rights of others. Don't whine if you or your stuff gets hurt in some way, you've brought it on yourself.
Yup.
Do whatever the hell you want with your existence provided you accept and deal with the repercussions of your actions. S'the way o' the world. The conquerors decide what's right and wrong.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:35 PM   #28
Donut
Jack Burton

Ramming bears! It's suddenly all clear to me!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-22-2002, 07:59 PM   #29
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Don't fundamental human rights override the laws of a nation, city or state?

Are we not arguing against a Nigerian woman being stoned to death for adultery? She broke the law and is being punished by the law.

Are we not against Chinese executing dissenters who break their laws in Tibet?

Human rights are paramount. Being killed for robbery is disgusting.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 10-22-2002, 08:04 PM   #30
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
One man's "proof" ??? is another man's OPINION - you have the right to bear arms or the right to ram bears - whatever
ROTFLMFAO!!! Dude, I've got this picture in my head of Yogi bear and... I'll say no more
Nicely put [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]