Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2002, 01:06 PM   #51
Epona
Zartan

Sir K, that is my point. I'm not worried about, or questioning, my drinking habits. I had a particularly beered-up week last week, which I do sometimes, I count up units occassionally out of health interest, it doesn't mean I'm obssessing about how much I drink.

Indeed not so long ago I *did* go for nearly 2 months without a single drop passing my lips - not at all difficult, I was happy going down the pub with me mates and drinking soda. It was when I was feeling particularly stressed and down, a time when an alcoholic would *need* to hit the bottle. I knew drinking when I felt like that would not be a good idea since alcohol is a depressant.
Old 06-12-2002, 02:56 PM   #52
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Sir K, that is my point. I'm not worried about, or questioning, my drinking habits. I had a particularly beered-up week last week, which I do sometimes, I count up units occassionally out of health interest, it doesn't mean I'm obssessing about how much I drink.

Indeed not so long ago I *did* go for nearly 2 months without a single drop passing my lips - not at all difficult, I was happy going down the pub with me mates and drinking soda. It was when I was feeling particularly stressed and down, a time when an alcoholic would *need* to hit the bottle. I knew drinking when I felt like that would not be a good idea since alcohol is a depressant.
OK! [img]smile.gif[/img] When you said 60 drinks in a week, I thought you meant you regularly drink that much and I was a little worried. I'm down to 6-10 a week these days myself. Beleive it or not, that's considered moderate in some circles.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:20 PM   #53
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard_OHF:
quote:
Originally posted by Madman-Rogovich:
I answered 20 - 30 as ,most of the local pub owners know im only 17 so drinkin 40's in the park is a btter option however im drinking much more recently as i finished my exams last week and went on a bit of a bender hmmmm...
Hey I'm 17 and if the pubowners would know that, They'd still give me beer [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Is Apeldoorn a big place??? cos if its a small hick town like mine then im surprised your bar owners arnt as power mad and annoyningly obnoxious like ours!
Old 06-12-2002, 07:58 PM   #54
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rikard_OHF:
quote:
I answered 20 - 30 as ,most of the local pub owners know im only 17 so drinkin 40's in the park is a btter option however im drinking much more recently as i finished my exams last week and went on a bit of a bender hmmmm...
Hey I'm 17 and if the pubowners would know that, They'd still give me beer [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Is Apeldoorn a big place??? cos if its a small hick town like mine then im surprised your bar owners arnt as power mad and annoyningly obnoxious like ours![/QUOTE]we just don't have those strict kind of rules in Holland, believe it or not, but i was drinking beer at the age of 13 in a disco, no one seems to care here.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:57 PM   #55
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Is Apeldoorn a big place??? cos if its a small hick town like mine then im surprised your bar owners arnt as power mad and annoyningly obnoxious like ours!
Legal drinking age in The Netherlands is 16 [img]smile.gif[/img]
UK 18
US 21
Old 06-13-2002, 07:31 AM   #56
Lord Shield

Quote:
UK 18
US 21
I believe in UK we also have 16 if they are accompanied by an adult?

Old 06-14-2002, 08:49 AM   #57
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
quote:
UK 18
US 21
I believe in UK we also have 16 if they are accompanied by an adult?[/QUOTE]I believe that you can legally drink from any age in your own home. In Licensed premises it is legal to drink from age 16 if you order a meal, or age 18 without. Legal age for buying alcohol elsewhere is 18. There are plenty of bars around that impose their own 'no under 21s' rule though.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:30 PM   #58
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

In the US, a blind eye is generally turned if a minor is having an alchoholic beverage under parental supervision on ones own premises. As long as the minor isn't obviously intoxicated.