Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 11:07 AM   #11
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

so what? is my poem thread now a SPAM!!! no!!!

------------------

You know what happened. We are ONE, WE ARE, ahh.. er... I AM 'S favorite pet pea-cock...teehee and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 06-14-2001, 11:14 AM   #12
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
so what? is my poem thread now a SPAM!!! no!!!

Of course not Bahamut, like Ziroc said, it is mostly the threads (posts) that do not contain any content! A post stating that you made it to xxx posts does not in anyway contain any useful information for anybody and the only reponse to such a thread can only really be "congrats". Your poem thread allows people to read and critique or post their own poems, thoughts, opinions! We need more threads like it

------------------

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect from alphabet soup?
Old 06-14-2001, 11:19 AM   #13
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Ziroc--My question is: Why are these threads (the song one) allowed to continue! You readily admit that it is SPAM and at the same time admit that server space is a problem........I guess I don't get it. It is your forum and your rules, but if space and spam is a genuine concern then shut these down or post a set of GD rules or something!
Don't worry yourself about this. You're right, it IS my forum (and donators), and the I've allowed that one to continue because I am allowing them to 'finish up'. the OTHER ONE was closed right away because of what blade said.

And NEW spam posts will be deleted outright.. I just don't get why you are so worried? You should know by now, that I (and moderators) keep the forum in GREAT order, to give you one of the best, most friendly forum on the net! I'm not going to change that for anything!!

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 06-14-2001, 11:20 AM   #14
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
I guess according to PyschologistCloud, I am fretting too much
Just trying to figure out which threads are allowed and which are not, as there seems to be a 'trend' going on of 'offensive' and 'SPAM filled' threads, of which some are deleted or locked while others are allowed to continue. It started when I read the comments on the 'three-word-story' thread. I guess I didn't see why it should be shut down while other, IMHO, frivolous threads continue to pop-up and grow!

Yes, you ARE!! not worry.. BTW, I just told you what is allowed? you still don't understand? lemme know!

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 06-14-2001, 11:25 AM   #15
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Dang! I am sorry to hear the song thread is spam. . .I was so ejoying it too. Oh well, onward to another adventure I always say, or Live and Learn.

------------------

I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Old 06-14-2001, 11:36 AM   #16
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

IMHO,
I know I have been guilty of ALL of these... A few people have hinted at me, and some have even come out and posted that they do not like me and my comments. I understand that, I have never been one to pander to a crwod. BUT, I have been a veteran of many boards, from gaming boards to personal finance to literature discussions to hardware/software discussions boards. And, I choose to spend my time here, with y'all.
GD is one of the main reasons. Look, I came here to check the BG2 board, not for advice, but for the companionship. I don't need to ask about my games, but I like to discuss them, and maybe share an idea or 5. At IronWorks, I found a thriving community, not just in the gaming forums, but in the GD as well. AND, I loved it.
Since I've been here, I've watched some leave. Hell, after a few comments directed at me, I thought about it. BUT, I know that this board has MANY people (over 2000 users now) and they are all going to have different viewpoints and ideas, and many will have differing opionions on posting habbits as well.
Many boards I've been on have been professionally moderated, but I have never seen on moderated better. And, it is my understanding that it is done for the LOVE of the games, the boards, and the community that is IronWorks, not for a paycheck.
So, my decision is simple. I'll let Ziroc and his merry band of mod-gods determine what should be deleted, and what is acceptable. I'll post, and if one needs to email me, or post to me to edit or delete, I shall. BUT, I'll still be the Dawg, and I'll keep posting. I like it here. I don't plan to leave t'till they drag me away, kickin and screamin.
Feel free to flame.

------------------
Old 06-14-2001, 11:37 AM   #17
Sir_Tainly

Ok so you dont like my song thread, I apologise if its taking up too much space, I won't be posting to it any more for that reason. However I want to suggest that "spam" topics do well because of the fact that they are nonsense and as such can have universal appeal ( well almost I can see here the exceptions!). I have a problem with the fact that most of the threads on GD are totally irrelevant to large sections of the board, music crosses all of them. I mean discussions turn into flame wars or we agree to disagree, so a little game is there to be fun, and not to have deep meaning or scientific importance. A great many of the threads are either directed at an individual, e.g. hey yournamehere, or are ethnocentric. I was looking to cross boundaries age/gender and nationality which sadly too many other threads do not.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 06-14-2001, 11:43 AM   #18
Ziroc

Quote:
I'll still be the Dawg, and I'll keep posting. I like it here. I don't plan to leave t'till they drag me away, kickin and screamin.
THAT'S how ya do it!, when you go to post, don't think to yerself 'is this spam'.. have fun, just remember what IS spam (It's that compressed greasy crap in a can)

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 06-14-2001, 11:46 AM   #19
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Ok so you dont like my song thread, I apologise if its taking up too much space, I won't be posting to it any more for that reason. However I want to suggest that "spam" topics do well because of the fact that they are nonsense and as such can have universal appeal ( well almost I can see here the exceptions!). I have a problem with the fact that most of the threads on GD are totally irrelevant to large sections of the board, music crosses all of them. I mean discussions turn into flame wars or we agree to disagree, so a little game is there to be fun, and not to have deep meaning or scientific importance. A great many of the threads are either directed at an individual, e.g. hey yournamehere, or are ethnocentric. I was looking to cross boundaries age/gender and nationality which sadly too many other threads do not.

Sir Tainly
I did not consider your song thread Spam, until it was brought up as being a spam thread! Heck I am one of the most frequent posters there and if it is a spam thread then I am a spammer. You are right, music is one topic that encompasses everyone and a music topic is almost always going to pop-up. I guess the reason it was considered a spam thread is the fact that, while it allows people to have fun with music, it really has no 'content' There really is no room for debate, opinions, etc.....Perhaps we could get them to move it to the poll forum and try to pass it off as a music poll

------------------

Old 06-14-2001, 11:48 AM   #20
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Yes, you ARE!! not worry.. BTW, I just told you what is allowed? you still don't understand? lemme know!

Yes I am fretting And yes I do get it I just saw a thread that I thought would be fun and would allow everyone to participate and it got axed

------------------