Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2002, 08:43 AM   #1
DBlaqu
Welcomed New User

How do i kill these damn Golem? i'm a sorcerer and my magic won't affect him, is there any spell i need or i just need to get my ass away from him?
DBlaqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 09:12 AM   #2
MagiK

Golems (and there are several types) require different tactics depending on which type you meet. But as far as I know, Golems are Mage killers, usually you have to beat them to death with a weapon of some sort....Usually magical weapons. In the BG series Poison Gas clouds would kill any Golem if you could trap them inside it.

You might try letting your henchman beat on the sucker.

[ 07-19-2002, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]
Old 07-19-2002, 09:31 AM   #3
AndyG
Elminster

In chapter 3, in the Creator ruins, there are three unbeatable golems. You need to go back in time to add a weakness to these golems before they can be damaged.

In chapter 4, there are two nearly unbeatable golems, that regenerate hit points as well. These can be defeated by killing the person controlling them.

All other golems in the game should be fairly easy to defeat.

If you're finding magic, in general, doesn't harm golems, just hire a melee henchperson, or summon a pet to help you.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 09:33 AM   #4
MagiK

Yeah what he said...err what I said..errr yeah
Old 07-19-2002, 11:51 AM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

or use the tenser transformation spell to turn you into a juggernut killing machine (if your a mage.) the spell is wwaaayyy better than bg2.. believe me...

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 07:51 PM   #6
Blade
Emerald Dragon

AAA what unbeatable golums? I have througly killed every creature i have come across even in the creator ruins. How do you get back in time anyway? I just found the correct passwords/items and killed the last one when it attacked.
Old 07-19-2002, 09:00 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

blade : if you said you can kill the golem in creator ruins. which mean you already gone back in time already. if not, those golem couldn't be hurt.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 10:28 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well I just started Chapter 3, so am not familiar with these unbeatable Golems yet. All I know is the ones I beat so far were with blunt weapons (maces, clubs, flails, you know the deal). [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 02:38 AM   #9
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Well I just started Chapter 3, so am not familiar with these unbeatable Golems yet. All I know is the ones I beat so far were with blunt weapons (maces, clubs, flails, you know the deal). [img]smile.gif[/img]
spoiler
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
There are actually 2 sets of "unbeatable" golems, one set in chapter 3 and one set in chapter 4. Both have their ways to be beaten, but you have to find the way to beat them. Simple combat won't work (sorry, need to use your brain, but the game pretty much smacks you upside the head with it, if you talk to the non-hostile people you run into). The ones in chapter 3 involve traveling back in time; talk to the lady in the garden in the ruins. The ones in chapter 4 involve finding their controllers and killing them instead.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 03:29 PM   #10
AndyG
Elminster

You can harm the golems in chapter 4. However, they regenerate and have high damage resistance. My monk beat on one for a while, but could only get it down to barely injured.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote