Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2001, 06:22 AM   #1
Pangur Ban

"Barbarians have no magic - they scorn such intellectual acts as dishonourable"

Does this mean my warrior now-a-ranger would lose the ability to cast the Vine spells he knows if he makes the role switch to barbarian?

Maybe I should just leave him as a ranger anyway .. What do you think is the better class?

R'rova the fierce is now a 10th level warrior, 11th level ranger.

Pangur Ban
Pangur Ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 06:57 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Best class - Assassin . I would convert him to samuraii if I were you, or Paladin. Changing classes means that you don't lose the ability to cast spells, but if your previous magic school is not natural to your new class then you can only cast them at half your new level (ie 2nd level paladin could cast first level vine if he is level 2 or above in Vine Magic). Memory is a bit dodgy about the Barbarian class - not sure if you will be limited to half level, or lose it entirely.

------------------
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 07:30 AM   #3
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

OK, a small clarification on Davros point. You don't cast at 1/2 your skill level when your new role doesn't support the magic realm. You LEARN new spells at 1/2 the skill level.

What does it means: if your ranger changes to barbarian, you'll be able to cast ALL the spells you had when you changed class. However, when you climb levels, you'll only learn new spells at 1/2 the skill.

So:
Skill level...you'll learn spells of this level

Learn spells from the highest level when you level up... if you don't, you might not be able to learn them again for a long time.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote