Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2001, 04:14 PM   #1
Ladybug
Dungeon Master

I have been playing this game since December but I have never seen a Red Dragon. Is the Isle of Sands the best place to look?

Ladybug
Ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 05:57 PM   #2
AliCat
Drow Warrior

That's the only place I've seen a red dragon, and that was only once out of six times playing the game through. Good luck!
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 06:12 PM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The only one I ever came across was in the little alcove with cart just below the Isle of Sands entrance.

------------------
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 08:17 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

"Guardians of Isis", found in the Temple of Isis/Anephas' Tomb, are also Red Dragons. I ran into many of them there, but still haven't seen them elsewhere.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 08:57 PM   #5
RostamTheGrey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OOOOHhhhhh!!!! The guardians gave each character of a party of 6 like 25K XP are the Red Dragons the exact same thing? *Slobber* How many appear at a time?
RostamTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 04:46 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

The Red Dragon is about 85K XP. I've seen only one Red Dragon.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 01:38 PM   #7
Ladybug
Dungeon Master

Wyv, you are helpful as usual! I am inside Anephas' Shrine today and so far I have found two Guardians of Isis (red dragons). They are really big. But it is so dark in there it's hard to get a really good look at them. So I'm still hoping to find one out in the open when I exit the Shrine.

Ladybug
Old 07-07-2001, 10:56 AM   #8
Ladybug
Dungeon Master

The Guardians of Isis were great but I've been asking everyone about the flying Red Dragons. Well my good friend ricker knew exactly where to look. You just hike back and forth on the Hydra's twisty trail, between the water and the two chests. After just 10 minutes of hiking we found one! Rest assured we did not kill him, but we have this PERFECT save game shot!!

Here's what happened:

It was still dark, just a little before daybreak. We were hiking uphill, almost to the chests. This ugly Dumdee Oleah dude came lumbering down the path and attacked us. We expected him to hit us over the head with a club but this one had a Wizard's Blade! We couldn't believe it! It's our second one and just what we needed!! And then, right when we were celebrating a Red Dragon appeared overhead in all his crimson glory!!!

We hid in the shadows and watched him as the sun came up. When he breathed his blue breath my Valkyrie was scared to the bone! Luckily she wasn't hurt. We wanted to get a close up look, so my Zen cast Freeze and the Dragon dropped to the ground. Then after a couple of minutes he flew up into the sky again. We lingered nearby and admired him until the sun was high in the sky. Then we just hiked on down the path and in a twinkling he flew away. What a treasured memory for these two heros!!

Ladybug

[This message has been edited by Ladybug (edited 07-07-2001).]