Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2002, 02:07 PM   #31
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Well i didn't know about it untill i got onto IW, sence i school haden't stated for me yeat that year it was about 8 or 9am here on the west coast. When i heard i emidiatly turned on the TV and watch it all day whail on the computer.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:37 PM   #32
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I was on my way home from work in my truck when i heard it on the radio, then also my sister called me an told me about a plane that have crached in to the WTC then i thinked that this must be a terrible mistake and when i come home i run in to my house and turned on the tv and then the second plane crached in to the other tower omg i thinked this can not be true..poor peoples but it was!
And i so peoples fall or jumped out of the windows and i had tears in my eyes because of this damn terrible thing that happend.
I watched the tv for houers i look at it on BBC World and they sendt the same over and over again and i could not stop to look at this.
Old 09-11-2002, 04:29 PM   #33
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

I was in P.E., second period I believe. We'd been sprinting around the gym for 10 minutes, so we were all walking around, cooling down a bit. The principal came on over the intercom, and the coaches told us all to sit down where we were. The principal stuttered when he started, and we all got very quiet. He said that there'd been a terrorist attack on the world trade center, and that we shouldn't be afraid. He said all the planes had been grounded and nobody was going to hit the CDC. The intercom clicked off. There were a lot of scoffs, and snickers, and shrugs... I wasn't informed then so my initial reaction was a confused "WTF?". I went on to my lit class and it all pieced together. Miss Parker had the TV on, and was crying her eyes out. I looked at the TV, saw for the first time the horror, and it was like that plane was hitting me right through the stomach. I was almost mute for the rest of the day. I could only sit there with wide eyes.

[img]smile.gif[/img] I'm just happy to say that my lit class that year raised $5,000 for the American Red Cross.

Though it doesn't seem like it's been a year, does it?

[ 09-11-2002, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]
Old 09-11-2002, 05:42 PM   #34
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I was at work when my roommate drove up to our jobsite and told me the WTC had been hit by planes. I thought of course a small plane somehow hit a building and then he told me two airliners and I knew it was terrorists. Most of the crew was working on the roff so I called them all down and we listened to the radio along with another framing crew across the street. I was on the phone with my best friend when he said HOLY SHIT one tower just went down. My first thought was there goes half the fire department of NY We tried to go back to work but nobody could concentrate. We heard possible Pentagon (true) State Department car bombing (false) a plane down in Pennsylvania. I remember thinking if a chemical/biological strike was next. I told the crew roll up the tools, we're going home. The crew across the street was doing the same. I went home and watched the horror.

An online friend of mine was supposed to go to a meeting in the WTC but took a sick friend to the doctor on the was so was late. His secretary was killed. They never found a bit of her. A coworker had a body land within 5 feet of him. He was covered in...everything. Jim said he wasnt the same. If any of you play the online game Gemstone my friend was Lord Heston. He died of a heart attack a month ago (only 42). He was obsessed with what happened. The stress surely had a factor in his death.

The week following 9/11 were a dark day for Ironworks as well. Quite a few flamewars broke out here and I unfortunatly was involved. Emotions ran high and for awhile things were out of hand. Myself included. I am not going to say who I was arguing with but will say we put it past us and now talk like friends again,which I like. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I dont know what more to say~ LoA/Paul

[ 09-11-2002, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Lord of Alcohol ]
Old 09-11-2002, 06:12 PM   #35
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

It was just before lunchtime at our school, and our teacher just walks in and calmy tells us, "Terrorists have hijacked planes and smashed into the WTC and Pentagon. The two towers have collapsed. Enjoy your lunch."
Old 09-11-2002, 06:27 PM   #36
SecretMaster
Apophis

Well good being in Good ol NY, we were in school. I was in Spanish class, when my spanish teacher had to leave because her daughter arrived at work at the WTC when the first plane hit. So we went home. Boy, the next week security was tight. They had tanks and army troopers right by Indian Point (The Nuclear Power Plant that we live close too). It was really freaking scary. We had a no flight zone for awhile, it was the most eerie thing ever to happen to us. My mom witnessed the actuall towers get hit and watched em fall down. Its one of the reasons why i hate school. A world wide tradgedy happens, we can't even go home to be with our families and watch the news. It really pisses me off.
Old 09-11-2002, 07:43 PM   #37
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I remember it as if it was yesterday, like I can imagine most do. I was on my way to school, and I was actually listening to the Howard Stern show, a show which I do not normally listen to. I heard them saying something about how the first tower had collapsed, and I didn't really comprehend what they were talking about. Knowing the type of show It was I thought, at first, that it was some kind of not very funny joke, but as they continued talking about it I slowly came to the realization that they were not kidding. Stupified, I changed radio stations and lo and behold the immpossible had happened. One tall proud symbol of world unity had collapsed, and the other was critically damaged, both with people trapped inside. It was like a sharp blow to the heart. Shock washed over me in waves, slowly at first but growing gradually stronger as realization sunk in. I asked myself questions. How, then why and who? But answers were illusive in the growing cloud of confusion surrounded the events of the day. I was on my way to school when I first heard, and by this time I was already there, but I sat in my car in the parking lot immobile, as I heard the second building had collapsed, and the World Trade Center was no more. Then looking around for the first time. I noticed people milling about the parking lot, some of them crying others with a look of horror on their face, some just looked as if they were lost. This is when I came to the realization of what had happened. The World Trade Centers were no more, and neither were some of the poor people traped within them when these atrocious acts were committed. Innocent people just going to work trying to do their job as best they could to support their families and themselves. A terrible rage flowed through me coupled by a terrible grief. A grief for the innocent victims, a grief for their families, a grief for the entire nation, and a rage. A rage at those who committed these terrible cowardly deeds, a rage at anyone who supported them, and a rage at any country that would harbor them. Everyone was touched irrevocably that day. Some were affected more directly than others, but none was left untouched by the morose events of that day. On this somber day of rememberence my heart goes out to the entire nation, espcially to those directly affected by this terrible tragedy. May whatever higher power you believe in watch over each and every one you and your loved ones.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:47 PM   #38
Alaric
Manshoon

I was scheduled to start work an hour later than normal for the entire week. My radio alarm woke me up and I remember hearing the disk jockey talking about a plane hitting the World Trade Center. At first I thought it was a joke and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and went to the TV and turned on CNN. When I saw the footage I became numb. I continue to watch the coverage until I had to go to work. During that time I saw the second plane hit and both towers go down. As I saw the first tower go down, I ran to the phone and called work to tell them the news. During the day, I was scared. The world that I had know had been turned upside down.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:54 PM   #39
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I was waking up for school and heard it on the radio. First out of anyone in my family to hear it. Thought it was either a joke or a dinky little biplane or something. Then I switched on the TV and was amazed. I still didn't think of it as anything. Probably just some moron, but it was too bad that a bunch of people got killed. Then I realized that actually two planes had crashed. I felt the biggest chill down my spine I have ever felt. Anyway, I took the bus to school where there was all of one thing being discussed. I got to school, and about 10 minutes later a kid told me the towers had collapsed. I felt like throwing up. While it was going on though (benefit of high school) there were all kinds of other rumors, of up to ten planes being hijacked. Anyway, I finally got it all straightened out at home, watching Newsworld (Canadian CNN.)

By the way, to all you Americans, we Canadians and you may have our differences, but we feel for you guys.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:11 AM   #40
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Lothar:
It was just before lunchtime at our school, and our teacher just walks in and calmy tells us, "Terrorists have hijacked planes and smashed into the WTC and Pentagon. The two towers have collapsed. Enjoy your lunch."
That truly is awful.